Bizarre experience at Changi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bizarre experience at Changi

I've just checked in at T1, for the first time, ever!. It's fair to say I've been here once or twice as well....

It never dawned on me until I got here and thought 'what on earth is this place?'. I've flown into T1 a couple of times, but never left on anyone other than SQ or MH.

It's also the first trip I've ever done to anywhere in the APAC region without a single flight on SQ, which is more disturbing.

There was a time when I'd transit SIN every week almost, but never go to town. I'd spend hours in the transit mall, overnighting even. Knew all the shops blindfolded. Then one fine day I thought I would indeed go to town so down the escalator I went in T2 to immigration, and my next thought was - OMG, where AM I?

Comment

LOL!

T1, a place that has many fond memories for me. How I miss the LX staff...

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
        I've just checked in at T1, for the first time, ever!. It's fair to say I've been here once or twice as well....

It never dawned on me until I got here and thought 'what on earth is this place?'. I've flown into T1 a couple of times, but never left on anyone other than SQ or MH.

It's also the first trip I've ever done to anywhere in the APAC region without a single flight on SQ, which is more disturbing.
        LOL I had the same experience last month. As written in the TR by person I was travelling with I even had a slight misstep in my stride while I worked out where the premium check in lobby is at SIN T1. Granted I've flown out of T1 many times, but this was the first time I'd checked in there.

Comment

The emerald/sapphire check-in at T1 is nice. It's just nice to sit down when checking in I was there last week for a PG flight. I've been through it a lot but T3 seems to be the most common terminal for me.

I have never been to the budget terminal!
          blog

Comment

Originally posted by haf View Post
            The emerald/sapphire check-in at T1 is nice. It's just nice to sit down when checking in !
            Yes, it is quite nice. Just a bit more special...

Comment

Just wait till you walk to the gate. The "wierdness" is most acute cos kinda feels like your in T2, but it's not. Lower ceiling, narrower hallways, darker...

Comment

My first trip to SIN back in 2000 I arrived and departed from T1 but not been back since (discovered SQ so no need).

Comment

deleted
                  Last edited by trekkie; 23 September 2010, 11:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
                    Just wait till you walk to the gate. The "wierdness" is most acute cos kinda feels like your in T2, but it's not. Lower ceiling, narrower hallways, darker...
                    I'm well used to the airside part of T1, having had lots of flights as well as many hours spent walking around the terminal to get some exercise. It was the landside bit that threw me.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                      LOL!

T1, a place that has many fond memories for me. How I miss the LX staff...
                      Check. What is LX?

Originally posted by haf View Post
                      I have never been to the budget terminal!
                      Call me harsh of whatever. But don't bother going. You'll get a shock. An empty room (more like airconed storage facility with check in counters and baggage moving equipment), with a lone Hans "restaurant" a small General Store at the other end, and a money changer along with shops with not much business in the restricted area. A true disaster. (No offense)

Comment

LX is airline code for Swiss.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiwi View Post
                          I worked out where the premium check in lobby is at SIN T1.
                          I didn't know that place existed until I saw it on a monitor while waiting for my BP's at TG check-in. I wandered over for a look and it looks a nice little place. However, it strikes me as another of those things Changi has that it doesn't really need (such is it's efficiency) yet other airports are crying out for.

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
                          Indeed. I've been airside at T1 dozens of times, having used the two outdoor bars there many times and also recently while doing my T2-T3 and vv walks. There's an awful lot of work going on there at the moment...

Comment

Originally posted by ryanlim2000 View Post
                            Call me harsh of whatever. But don't bother going. You'll get a shock. An empty room (more like airconed storage facility with check in counters and baggage moving equipment), with a lone Hans "restaurant" a small General Store at the other end, and a money changer along with shops with not much business in the restricted area. A true disaster. (No offense)
                            The Hans has been replaced by McDonalds now. Hans in Check-In Hall has downsized to Hanis Express and moved to a different spot (between the 2 entrances) and is 1/2 the original size . A full size one can still be found at the Arrival Hall. If you can call it a hall in the 1st place

Comment

I still find T3 a foreign experience no matter how few times I've used it...

Comment

Working...
                              X