Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long does it take to deduct miles from KF?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long does it take to deduct miles from KF?

2 weeks ago, I have redeemed 45K miles for one-way upgrade, and till today, the miles is not deducted from my account. I called up the KF office in Singapore and asked how much miles is there - still haven't deduct it yet. So I coyly ask if I can upgrade my flight this Saturday to LHR, and she said yes, that's possible and asked if I wanna upgrade.

I didn't go ahead, but if I went ahead, do you think I'll be in trouble?

The less-honest would say go ahead and do it as it would be a lesson to the Airline to make sure it has more stringent checks and balances with regards to this area of their Frequent Flyer Programme.

Comment

The miles usually go on the spot - now, if you plan on continuing using your Krisflyer account for the forseeable future, I wouldn't. You don't want to go negative 45k and they request you immediately buy miles to top if off to the tune of 40 USD per 1000 miles. :O

Comment

Or just before boarding your first flight, finding out that both upgrades have been cancelled and you're now seated in the back row right next to the loo!

Comment

I thought it's usually done immediately once u requested for the upgrade via telephone? At least mine was done that way.

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
            The miles usually go on the spot - now, if you plan on continuing using your Krisflyer account for the forseeable future, I wouldn't. You don't want to go negative 45k and they request you immediately buy miles to top if off to the tune of 40 USD per 1000 miles. :O
            Actually if that were to happen, it'll be quite worth it

Anyway - still not deducted, got so much miles in my account! lol

Comment

Originally posted by quik! View Post
              Actually if that were to happen, it'll be quite worth it

Anyway - still not deducted, got so much miles in my account! lol
              Lucky u My Asiamiles was immediately deducted on the spot as well when I applied for standby upgrade on the way to Melb last Monday

Comment

Well, whenever I earn miles, it takes forever for them to record it in my statements, but when I redeem with the miles, the points seem to go pretty quickly

Comment

Originally posted by SQ225 View Post
                  Well, whenever I earn miles, it takes forever for them to record it in my statements, but when I redeem with the miles, the points seem to go pretty quickly
                  Sadly, it's true for everyone of us
                  I am about to burn 35,000 miles this week.....

Comment

Working...
                  X