SQ Internships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQ Internships

I'm from Hong Kong and I am Year 2 Uni Student, just wonder if SQ hires any overseas students to work in Singapore or in out port offices during summer (Jun 07-Aug 07)

Cheers

I interned with SQ a long time ago - back in '95 - but I was living in Singapore and on an SIA Scholarship, so my route was quite different. You should give human resources at Airline House a call (IIRC at extension 0747) for positions in Singapore. Also, wzwjon on FlyerTalk tried this unsuccessfully a couple of years ago, so you might want to PM him on that forum to ask about his experience. For positions in HK, you should call the SQ office there.

Comment

which position did you take up while you're being attached with SQ? Is it fun to work in Changi Airport?

Comment

I worked at SIA Engineering at Airline House. Mainly desk job, processing invoices for MRO and new purchases (I remember looking at invoices for new 744s that SIA had purchased and thinking "Wow! This costs $240m??!!" and invoices for new engines that cost $50m), but I got to visit the main hangar several times to see how a newly-delivered aircraft was tested before going into service, see rows of seats being replaced, got to stand inside an engine...fun stuff like that

Someone saw that on my resume years later when I was working in a consulting firm and sent me to SIA for a year in 2001 to work on an ERP project. I was based out of SIA Training Center - now those were the real fun times

Comment

Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
          I interned with SQ a long time ago - back in '95 - but I was living in Singapore and on an SIA Scholarship, so my route was quite different. You should give human resources at Airline House a call (IIRC at extension 0747) for positions in Singapore. Also, wzwjon on FlyerTalk tried this unsuccessfully a couple of years ago, so you might want to PM him on that forum to ask about his experience. For positions in HK, you should call the SQ office there.
          Hmm..I knew some SIA scholars while I was still in NUS around the years you mentioned. These scholars are mostly in engineering of course.

Comment

Originally posted by YK@HKG View Post
            Hmm..I knew some SIA scholars while I was still in NUS around the years you mentioned. These scholars are mostly in engineering of course.
            I did Electrical Engineering in NTU 1996-2000. My GPA in engineering subjects was below 2.5, in all my business electives 4.0. Realized then that I wasn't cut out to be an engineer so off I went into consulting

Comment

Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
              I did Electrical Engineering in NTU 1996-2000. My GPA in engineering subjects was below 2.5, in all my business electives 4.0. Realized then that I wasn't cut out to be an engineer so off I went into consulting
              You were in the wrong field then

It's a wise decision that u decided to "dump" engineering to go into consulting

Comment

Working...
              X