Seoul Hotels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seoul Hotels

Have a quick regarding hotels in Seoul for those who are familiar with it.

I stayed at the Park Hyatt Seoul and upon checkout was kindly informed, that since I am a foreigner, I will not be charged for tax on the room and thats there is also no service charge for the hotel.

However, at the other SPG properties like the Sheraton or the W, there was no mention whatsoever of being tax exempt and hence i was charged for both service and tax.

In the end, since my internet and breakfast was comp at the Park Hyatt, my bill for the Park Hyatt ended up almost the same(just a little higher) as the W and Sheraton. And the Park Hyatt was so much more easily accessible than the Walkerhill SPG properties, tips the scale in its favour.

Anyone had any recent experiences with this situation?

Originally posted by zander View Post
    And the Park Hyatt was so much more easily accessible than the Walkerhill SPG properties, tips the scale in its favour.
    I told you...
    HUGE AL

Comment

Really, I think the SPG properties are designed for people who are there on holiday rather than business.

The location is awkward even for people that live in Seoul (to go for dinner etc), so I hate to imagine how you'd feel as a business traveller, having to get the cab to City Hall area or the Kangnam area every day.

It's really nice in a "hideaway in a secluded area" kind of way, but seems to be a bad idea when you actually have a busy schedule to conduct in Seoul.

Comment

I stayed at the Park Hyatt Seoul and upon checkout was kindly informed, that since I am a foreigner, I will not be charged for tax on the room and thats there is also no service charge for the hotel.
        The W advised that I was exempt from some but not all of the tax. I'm being charged 11% in taxes rather than the 21% for locals.

Loving the W so far, the decor rivals the W HK in terms of bling!
        All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

The 0% tax is still better at the Park Hyatt. Will post a review with pics when I have the time

Comment

Originally posted by stargold View Post
            Really, I think the SPG properties are designed for people who are there on holiday rather than business.

...I hate to imagine how you'd feel as a business traveller, having to get the cab to City Hall area or the Kangnam area every day.

It's really nice in a "hideaway in a secluded area" kind of way, but seems to be a bad idea when you actually have a busy schedule to conduct in Seoul.
            zander and "business travel???" I don't think those two go hand in hand!

The 0% tax is still better at the Park Hyatt. Will post a review with pics when I have the time
            Get on that, will you?!
            HUGE AL

Comment

Working...
            X