Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ZRH] SWISS Senator Lounge (Schengen area)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [ZRH] SWISS Senator Lounge (Schengen area)

hi guys,
    cld anyone help with this? I'm flying SIN-ZRH-SIN on J, and connecting ZRH-HEL-ZRH on Finair Y. Which lounge am I eligible to access with *G on arrival in ZRH awaiting Finair? On ZRH-SIN, with *G and J BP, which lounge am I eligible to enter? thanks in advance for info

just to document this in case there are future interest. There are 2 Staralliance lounges at both ends of the terminal building, both operated by Swiss (there's a oneworld lounge too). Access is only eligible to *Gold with Staralliance J BP. I was holding Finnair (oneworld) so was not allowed in.

Comment

ZRH swiss Business Lounge

The swiss Business Lounge is located near the entrance to Gates A, to the extreme right after clearing Boarding Pass Control (Passport Control is later)> Believe there is another swiss Lounge on the other end near entrance to Gates B. Need to note, tho, that this is quite far (a monorail ride away) to Gate E where SQ flight is docked.

While the shower facilities are located within the Senator Lounge, *G can access by exchanging BP at counter. There are 2 shower stalls, one of which is shown below:

Last edited by jammed; 10 July 2009, 03:07 AM.

Comment

ZRH swiiss Business Lounge

The Lounge is split into 2 levels. The 1st level, immediately after the entrance has a drinks corner and some sofas with newspapers and magazines. But the food and larger resting area are through the stairway behind the drinks.

This view is at the top of the stairway, with food area at the extreme right:

To the left of the lounge is a Working Area, with 5 PCs (1 of which is down). Btw, if you want to use wifi, need to pick up 30min complimentary pass from counter when you come in.

Food selections are quite modest, am afraid: beyond the silver canisters of cornflakes are a pot of mushroom soup [tasted too diluted for me]

coleslaw, beans, potato salad and tuna sandwiches

gnoochi

drinks and beverages:
        Last edited by jammed; 10 July 2009, 03:15 AM.

Comment

[ZRH] Senator Lounge (Schengen area)

Surprised to see no thread for the LX SEN lounge...

Entrance to both SEN and Business lounges

Entrance to the SEN section, with the newspapers

Seating area on ground floor

Seating area on the first floor

Work area on the first floor

Another view of the first floor seating area

Beverage corner on the ground floor

Self-serve Movenpick ice cream. It's not Fauchon, but one can't have everything in life...

Cold food selection

Hot dish

I love this display of model aircraft... Nice and imaginative!

Comment

Where is exactly the location of this lounge? Is this the same one as the old Swiss Lounge?

Comment

It is in the base of the terminal before you get to A (or the FCL for that matter).

There is another lounge in B pier.

Comment

This is the one with that long bar upstairs, which I found out last week has been handed over to the smokers.

Comment

What you guys are saying, this new lounge is the refurbished old Swiss Business Lounge (with the long bar), right? Thus, actually we have the old thread somewhere here.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ TPP View Post
                    What you guys are saying, this new lounge is the refurbished old Swiss Business Lounge (with the long bar), right? Thus, actually we have the old thread somewhere here.
                    Actually, there isn't.

The only threads of lounges at ZRH were:

- FCL
                    - Belleview lounge
                    - LH/Star lounge

No previous thread on LX-operated SEN or Business lounges.

Comment

I was in there for 20 minutes for a smoke and toilet break before I board my next flight.... good place for smokers, nice long bar upstairs....
                      This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

Originally posted by stargold View Post
                        Entrance to both SEN and Business lounges
                        I thought these were simply known as LX lounges rather than a SEN & Business lounge ?. It just says 'Swiss Lounges' at the entrance.

I also couldn't see another thread on it/them, but if there is we would be happy to merge them.

The lounge down near the B gates previously known as the *A lounge is now also called an LX lounge.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                          I thought these were simply known as LX lounges rather than a SEN & Business lounge ?. It just says 'Swiss Lounges' at the entrance.
                          Yup, it does say "Swiss Lounges" at the entrance - but of course divided into SEN and Business lounges when you go inside. Since all the photos were of the SEN lounge, I put "Senator Lounge" in the title because presumably the Business Lounge has different amenities and food/beverage service from the SEN lounge...? Didn't have time to do the Business side.

I'd say it's a pretty decent lounge for *G card holders, but a bit underwhelming when you're forced to use it while flying on non-LH/LX Star carriers in F...

I actually really liked the interior design and the furniture - one of my favourite *G lounges I've seen in terms of design actually, in a classy understated way - wouldn't expect any less from Swiss Add in the self-serve ice cream and we're onto a winner

Comment

I also can't find another thread, but have some pics in an old TR:

http://www.sqtalk.com/forums/showpos...28&postcount=7

Comment

tks for the updates and pics i'm heading to zrh pretty soon...

Comment

Working...
                              X