77W equipment swaps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 77W equipment swaps

jpatokal posted in TOF that 4 of his last 6 flights between SIN and DEL have been operated by 77W as an equipment swap for 773. Sounds like SQ is really running tight on aircraft if they have to use the 77W on this sector.

That's news ! Wow..... I wonder if EXISTING 77W services suffer because of this.
    Last edited by SQflyergirl; 23 January 2007, 01:27 PM.

Comment

This may have something to do with the current winter (DEL fog-avoidance) schedule ending in Feb where SQ408/407 leaves SIN at 1620 and is back by 0450.

Fingers crossed as I'm flying this sector in the coming week.

Comment

I think the 77W have lots of spare time, everytime I'm on PIE looking towards Rwy 2L/20R I see a 77W parked at T3 not doing anything.

Comment

Maybe they have more 77Ws than 77W scheduled flights need at the moment?

Comment

Maybe. They seem to be running out of 773s (SY* series), as the equipment change to MEL suggests. But what I don't understand is why they're not sending in their 77Ws to MEL on 218/238, instead they're downgrading it to a 772? Questionable.

Comment

Welcome sporadic.

Comment

I've just flown 4 SIN-DEL vv. sectors in the past 2.5 weeks. Not only was there no sighting of the 77W, I had the distinct poor fortune of getting the pre-Ultimo-lite/Wisemen AVOD a/c on 3 of the 4 sectors.

We had 9V-SYA yesterday with full capacity in business and one non-operational toilet. You can imagine the toilet queue just before arrival.

Comment

Working...
                X