No announcement yet.

AY increases long hauls to India/China; drops SIN and abandons plans for KUL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AY increases long hauls to India/China; drops SIN and abandons plans for KUL

Article here:
    http://www.finnairgroup.com/group/gr...000062409.html

Great. I was planning on redeeming AA miles MEL-SIN-KUL-BKK return (QF-JL- AY) or MEL-SIN-BKK (QF-AY). Now it looks like I'm forced to do MEL-SIN-BKK (QF-CX with o/night, and we all know how easily available Traitor Air's award seats in business are for other ow FFPs ), or MEL-HKG-BKK (QF-CX) or go via SYD (QF or BA).
    Last edited by KeithMEL; 22 January 2007, 09:10 PM.
    All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

I guess that shows how competitive the SIN-BKK corridor is.

I'm personally not fussed that TraitorAir is more restrictive with partner airlines' redemptions. I liked the similar advantage with my KrisFlyer miles.
    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
      I'm personally not fussed that TraitorAir is more restrictive with partner airlines' redemptions. I liked the similar advantage with my KrisFlyer miles.
      IME it's MUCH MORE difficult using AA miles for Traitor Air seats than it is to use LH or UA miles for SQ seats. Ironically it's much easier to op up on the former... talk about priorities...

Hmm - any chance BA will deploy NCW on SYD-BKK?
      Last edited by KeithMEL; 22 January 2007, 09:23 PM. Reason: typo
      All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

I took AY SIN-BKK-HEL last month.

I enjoyed the flight - it was X'mas Day and there were only 2 of us in J BKK-HEL; and AY really are IMO one of the best airlines within OW.

However, the timings aren't that wonderful and it's a long flight - we left SIN at 22:30 for the short hop to BKK; sat on the ground at BKK for an hour and a half (you can stay on the plane whilst the BKK cleaning crew tidy up around you); and then leave around 1am. You get to HEL at around 7am for yet another flight to your ultimate destination.

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
          You get to HEL at around 7am for yet another flight to your ultimate destination.
          With SOME SQtalkers that means a flight back to bkk

Comment

Working...
          X