[MEL] SKL F

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [MEL] SKL F

All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Yep, another on the long list of crap SKL's. Grim and basic would best describe it. It's an 'F' lounge as well. I wonder if they'll spruce the place up when the 'class beyond first' arrives in MEL...

I presume you spent little time here and went to the nice NZ lounge nearby ?.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
      Yep, another on the long list of crap SKL's. Grim and basic would best describe it. It's an 'F' lounge as well. I wonder if they'll spruce the place up when the 'class beyond first' arrives in MEL...

I presume you spent little time here and went to the nice NZ lounge nearby ?.
      The other half insisted that I ought to go in there to take pics. Was going to skip it entirely otherwise. I was intending to leave immediately after taking some pics of the place, to go to the NZ lounge, but then noticed the SKL F had a v nice shiraz and ended up staying. In any case I only spent about 30 mins in there before boarding began.

The F side is virtually identical to the C side, except for Piper Heidsieck NV on the F side (whoop-di-doo). It's actually even a little smaller than the C side.
      All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

I must admit from the pictures the first thing that struck me was how small it is. I will be visiting the J lounge soon. Must try the NZ lounge instead if I can get in.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
          Shouldn't the lounge marketing machine start to churn out their new slogan: "A Lounge Beyond A Lounge?"
          HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by Chesty View Post
            Must try the NZ lounge instead if I can get in.
            I think it depends on who you talk to but recent experience suggest it's far easier to get into the NZ lounge now than it was before. The last few times I went in all they did was notify me that boarding calls for SQ flights aren't made in there, but were pretty welcoming otherwise. They might still turn you away if it gets too full, which is sometimes the case prior to the SQ228 departure.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
              I think it depends on who you talk to but recent experience suggest it's far easier to get into the NZ lounge now than it was before. The last few times I went in all they did was notify me that boarding calls for SQ flights aren't made in there, but were pretty welcoming otherwise. They might still turn you away if it gets too full, which is sometimes the case prior to the SQ228 departure.
              Fair enough. I guess I can only ask. Worst case I go to the SKL lounge. Still far better than sitting at the deparature gates...

Comment

Thanks for posting KeithMEL. I see the lounge hasn't improved since I last visited. Reinforces my long-standing MEL lounge priorities (#1 QF F, #2 NZ, long way back to anything else).

The other day when I was in MEL NZ lounge they had Veuve Clicquot.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiwi View Post
                  The other day when I was in MEL NZ lounge they had Veuve Clicquot.
                  They only had red/white wines out when I flew SQ238 (yes yes regional equipment but schedule took precedence there) one morning two weeks ago. They had a v delicious pinot noir. But I managed to have my bubbly brunch with Krug onboard the flight.

Comment

2 weeks ago is about when I was there - are you avoiding me again?

Comment

Originally posted by Kiwi View Post
                      2 weeks ago is about when I was there - are you avoiding me again?
                      No, it's everyone else that's elusive. I'd also missed a certain Flyer from MAN by a day or so in Asia.

Comment

You both missed me in Asia by not much too.

Comment

Can any one tell me what the food selection is like in the J lounge at SKL MEL?

Could you have a half decent "dinner" or is it like the domestic Qantas Club and just literally snacks?

Comment

Better than domestic Qantas Club, but not as good as the NZ lounge.

Comment

Originally posted by Chesty View Post
                              Can any one tell me what the food selection is like in the J lounge at SKL MEL?

Could you have a half decent "dinner" or is it like the domestic Qantas Club and just literally snacks?
                              They have sangos and occasionally some little things like pies or pastries in the oven. Used to have steamed sui mei but not any more. NZ lounge food is better.

They have wifi but I am only able to get stuff. Have never been able to get email to send out - and it works most other places so I do not want to go changing settings..

Comment

Working...
                              X