AC J: HKG-YYZ (A345) - Never Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AC J: HKG-YYZ (A345) - Never Again

We just took AC16 HKG-YYZ earlier today in J and hope it will be our last ever trip with AC on this sector. Food was a disgrace. Too disgusting to even post the menu on any thread. Over-greasy friend pork noodles that was cold and bland. They just couldn't get any recepies right - be it from one extreme to another. From the tastless/cold noodles to the extremely sweet raspberry cake for desert (god knows how much overload of sugar did they dump into the recepie.

The J seat on this A345 was extremely uncomfortable in particular during lay-down sleeping mode. No disputing the fact that it was flat. But the fact that the flatness was not parallel to the floor and was in a very steep angle from the average airline J seating steepness (SQ spacebed included), our bodies could not remain steady. Every 5 minute, it seemed like we were going to slide off from the seat.

Crew was OK, but the food and seating made the whole experience a disgraceful one. So much for all the hard work in aggressively pursuing my agent to have the wailist cleared for us. But I was warned forehand with negative feedbacks from colleagues and friends who have taken the flight.

Sorry for the rather grouchy post. But currently shivering under the -15C Toronto windchill with the worse yet to come later tonight and the following days as we settle in doesn't help my cause and makes it difficult to be in a cheerful and upbeat mode.
    Last edited by Rejuvenated; 21 January 2007, 10:08 AM.
    My Past, Present, Future Flights (Flights from March 2007 to Present to Future)

Nice to see you here, Rejuvenated!

Wow, seeing how bad AC's J is, I think CX is rather better.
    Last edited by Austin; 15 May 2011, 01:40 AM.

Comment

They do hand out a nice amenity bag in AC. (THANK YOU, CGK. )

Small comfort, I know. Sorry you had to endure your experience, Rejuvenated.
      ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

sorry to hear that but perhaps the new seats will be better? if not the same verdict can be given to new CX J, Virgin upper class and air NZ new J

Comment

I have flown on the current J seats for CX, VS, and NZ and they fared much better than then AC's A345. The sloping was just ridiculous. So much for the nonstop and saving 3 hours of flying time.

Comment

I just flew AC 15 just before your AC 16 flight. A few observations:
            The seat is not the greatest, but I doubt its angle is steeper than SQ spacebed in fact. I do not have actual data, but based on my very limited experience of the spacebed (which I do not like that much) and simple geometry, I am led to believe the AC seat is no more inclined than the spacebed.

The food ex YYZ was good. Maybe it is the HKG catering that is a problem?

FAs were good. Nice service. Best of any North American airline in my opinion.

Overall, I was pleased. And nice IFE. (not as many movies as SQ and (a lot) more limited choice of classical music)

Comment

PS

About the food: They had nice little dim sum and sushi snacks (the former are not surprisingly better than the latter)

Comment

I don't have the exact measurments either. But it just seemed like a steeper slope. Maybe I wasn't pressing the right buttons. Who knows!

About the food, yes I would expect ex-YYZ to be better than ex-HKG when it comes to AC. Even as a Super Elite Aeroplan member, my experience with AC J has been limited to just a few flights. It's due to all those SQ sectors that I've been successful in renewing my SE status for 2007.

This was our first ever trip on AC's 345 and unfortunately, our experience was not as satisfying as yours. We departed HKG on Jan 20 for AC16. Did you arrive HKG on Jan 20 ex-AC15? If so our aircraft was the same turnaround from yours I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by Rejuvenated View Post
                  This was our first ever trip on AC's 345 and unfortunately, our experience was not as satisfying as yours. We departed HKG on Jan 20 for AC16. Did you arrive HKG on Jan 20 ex-AC15? If so our aircraft was the same turnaround from yours I believe.
                  Sorry to hear about your disappointment. Indeed, we arrived on the airplane that would be AC16 on Jan 20. The left lavatory was broken. It was fun to have to line up every time we needed to go to the bathroom. I did have a great time in this 15 hours flight from YYZ to HKG. I guess I was lucky to have a great company as well. And yes, watching 90 minutes movie with the lead character Carmensitha were stretched to 4 hours perhaps? Yup, I kept pressing the wrong button, so it would stop the movie and would go to the previous menu with a result of fastforwarding again and again.

But indeed, so far this month, I had taken AC for YYZ-HKG and also YVR-NRT-YVR, the experience was not bad. And I am glad, jjpb3 approves the AC amenity kit bag!

Comment

Uh...

I may very well be on this flight from HKG to YYZ next weekend. Staying YYZ for one night then onto YVR.

I guess I'll see what all the fuss is all about ! Should I order a special meal - do you like it'll be less greasy?
                    Last edited by Guy Betsy; 10 March 2007, 06:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X