Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can I get my wish seat

Hi everybody!
    I fly with SIA from FRA to MEL over SIN and I fly on the first part with a 747-400 and on the second part with a tripple 7 - 200 I guess.

When I want to get the seat 64 A and C, what must I do to get this seats.
    I have travelled once with SIA and I know that the make a seat plan aprrox. 48 hours before flight.

Does anyone have a idea or an advice how can I make best?

Thanks for the help!

Kind regards from Aachen, Germany

Kevin - Speedbird

If you've made your booking online, you're able to request for a 'window' or an 'aisle' seat. When online-check in opens, you can then select the seats you want from the seat plan if they're available. I think that's what you were referring to?

Often, I've found it helpful to make a special seat request over the phone. Your request won't be guaranteed but there's a higher chance of getting the seat/s you're after as the requests are reviewed when the flight goes to airport control for seating allocation.
    Last edited by KeithMEL; 21 January 2007, 06:19 AM.
    All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

KeithMEL, I think if booking is made online (through SQ website), you can select specific seat number, not just aisle/window.

If ticket is booked any other ways, the only thing you can do is to do Internet Check In 48 hours before the flight departure time.

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
        KeithMEL, I think if booking is made online (through SQ website), you can select specific seat number, not just aisle/window.
        Even in Y?
        I could only choose between aisle or window the last time i did an online booking. But then it was KUL-SIN so that might be an exception?
        All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Yeah, KUL-SIN (vv.) might be an exception as it is considered to be 'shuttle' service.

Comment

Interesting. Sounds like online bookings are the way to go for Y class tix on itineraries that can be done online.

Comment

Unfortunately I haven't booked online and I cannot check in online due to luggage. But I will try to make a phone call to get a better seat. *Thanks*

Could there be another possibility to get the wished seat?

And than anouther question: I've only a econ. ticket, but how can I get into the business or senator lounge. I would pay for the entry, no question.
              All I have is a Lufthansa Miles and More Visa Gold Card. Is there something possible?

I've made a internship at the Lufthansa Technik. But can they invite me as a kind of VIP of so?

Comment

You can still use internet check in if you have luggage to check in.
                At the airport, just tell them that you have done internet check in & drop your luggage off at one of the check in desks. Some airports even have dedicated counters for pax who have done internet check-in.

Comment

Originally posted by Speedbird View Post
                  And than anouther question: I've only a econ. ticket, but how can I get into the business or senator lounge. I would pay for the entry, no question.
                  All I have is a Lufthansa Miles and More Visa Gold Card. Is there something possible?
                  Sorry, Speedbird, but unless you have *G status (or unless the M&M Visa Gold Card has special terms for its members), you won't have access to the LH (or any other *A) lounges.

Congratulations on your internship, and welcome to SQTalk.
                  ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Working...
                  X