SQ SIN-EWR Flight???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQ SIN-EWR Flight???

I'm some kind of idiot when talkiing about SQ. I have heard that the loading of the longest flight in the world, SQ21/20 (or whatever), from SIN to EWR is quite light-loaded? Is that true?

Well, Had anyone here tried these flights? Is the A345s slightly different with other aircrafts? Will it be confortable when travelling on this flight?

I am quite interested with this long flight service and will be travelling on it soon. Would someone please tell me something about this flight and its fare level? Thanks!!~~
    Last edited by Austin; 15 May 2011, 01:39 AM.

Originally posted by Austin View Post
    I'm some kind of idiot when talkiing about SQ. I have heard that the loading of the longest flight in the world, SQ21/20 (or whatever), from SIN to EWR is quite light-loaded? Is that true?
    I'm afraid it the opposite, it's regularly full and can be difficult to get on at short notice. They also have surcharges for using the flights on RTW tickets, now up to US$700 each way for SQ20/21.

It's a nice enough flight to do in Raffles, although it's at the upper limit of my tolerance level for being in a metal tube, even on SQ. It's fine doing it SIN-EWR due to crossing the time zone the right way and arriving the same day. I'm doing EWR-SIN in a few weeks so I'll see what that's like.

Comment

Originally posted by Austin View Post
      I'm some kind of idiot when talkiing about SQ.
      No, just un-initiated ... for now.

Welcome to SQT, Austin, where generally, no question is considered too obvious to ask (apart from "Why do CGK and StarG get such special treatment from SQ?" ).
      ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Man Flyer is right about the loads. Its consistently full especially Thrs thru Mon.

A number of us have done it. Some a number of times.

Not sure which class you're flying. Let us know and we can help answer them

Comment

A345 Longhaul flights on SQ were my best flights in C class...
          There's only One way to fly.... SINGAPORE AIRLINES!
          If SQ is too expensive, the other way to fly is Qatar Airways

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
            Not sure which class you're flying. Let us know and we can help answer them
            Y (Forgot its special name), for my vacation only!
            Last edited by Austin; 15 May 2011, 01:40 AM.

Comment

Executive Economy. Its comfy enough for the 18+hr flights

Best seats would be rows 31 & 34. Else do try for other 'D' seats as the other aisle seats have the IFE box that takes up some foot space. Armrest unfortunately do not fold up as that's where your tray table is stowed.

IFE is great. Bigger screen compared to the other planes bar 77W. Used to have a larger AVOD selection if I remember correctly unless that's changed.

You're unlikely to go hungry as there's a pax lounge at the left rear of the plane. Menus for this can be found at the Y menu section of this forum.

In short, you'll be ok. Not to worry.

Comment

Working...
              X