Keeping SQ menus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keeping SQ menus

I always thought that the menu needs to be returned back the flight attendants. I will be flying with SQ again this Sunday and would try to ask to keep the menu. What are the chances will the say no?

Originally posted by UMD View Post
    I always thought that the menu needs to be returned back the flight attendants. I will be flying with SQ again this Sunday and would try to ask to keep the menu. What are the chances will the say no?
    From my experiences when I've asked for menus: zero.
    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
      From my experiences when I've asked for menus: zero.
      You mean hide the menu immediately before the menu matron picked them up from the seat pockets one by one very diligently?

Comment

Originally posted by CGK View Post
        You mean hide the menu immediately before the menu matron picked them up from the seat pockets one by one very diligently?
        Does this mean I have to just quietly tuck it away before the girl come to pick it up?

Comment

Does this mean I have to just quietly tuck it away before the girl come to pick it up?
          I've always asked first before keeping the menu. On one occasion, before I had a chance to do that they took it whilst I was in the toilet so I asked for it back and they were happy to oblige and also gave me the F menu and some playing cards as well!

Comment

I usually keep the menus..and have asked them for F menus....both times they returned with the menus

Comment

You can either do that or politely ask to keep it. They will certainly oblige.

Comment

Originally posted by MovieMan View Post
                You can either do that or politely ask to keep it. They will certainly oblige.
                That's the perfect answer!
                We did have a thread on FT a long time ago about my problem getting those menu. For my TG flight from BKK to PEN, the FA was too quick getting back the menu while taking the order. And on my NH 6 recently, she collected them after asking for the dessert choice. But overall, SQ had been wonderful regarding the menu, i.e. I had no problem.

Comment

If I had it out, I would definitely tuck it away before the girl comes!

Comment

UMD, hope you will add to our menu collection here!

Comment

Thanks guys. I will ask politely.

Comment

Ask politely enough - and they'll even take one off a pax if you don't have it. I remember this JFK-FRA flight and I asked for the menus from Y and F as well. The IFS came back with the Y menu and said - well there are no more F menus as we gave them all out and did not have any spare, but come with me he says - leads me into the F cabin and said to the chap in 4A "this nice lady here collects menus and since we're out, would you mind giving yours to her?" (this was an hour from landing) . The guy did give it to me, but that's not the point. The point is it does go to show how far they WILL go to get a menu for you if you ask nicely.
                        Last edited by SQflyergirl; 20 January 2007, 04:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                          Ask politely enough - and they'll even take one off a pax if you don't have it. I remember this JFK-FRA flight and I asked for the menus from Y and F as well. The IFS came back with the Y menu and said - well there are no more F menus as we gave them all out and did not have any spare, but come with me he says - leads me into the F cabin and said to the chap in 4A "this nice lady here collects menus and since we're out, would you mind giving yours to her?" (this was an hour from landing) . The guy did give it to me, but that's not the point. The point is it does go to show how far they WILL go to get a menu for you if you ask nicely.
                          I agree. Couple of times in F when I asked to keep the menu, I was asked if I would like a C menu as well.

Comment

IMHO, asking is always the best way
                            A nice smile and a polite request are a good start.
                            Luke
                            There's only One way to fly.... SINGAPORE AIRLINES!
                            If SQ is too expensive, the other way to fly is Qatar Airways

Comment

I asked politely and I got them!

Just finished my SYD - SIN on SQ 220. As per the suggestions of all who frequents here, I asked for the menu and I was given both the C and F food and wine menus alongside a new SQ notepad, a blue rugrats forlder, and a luggage strap. WHAT A DEAL!

Will post the menu later!

Comment

Working...
                              X