Slight equipment change for MEL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slight equipment change for MEL

Just noticed that SQ218/217 and 238/237 have been changed from being operated by a regional 3 class 773 to a regional 3 class 772. This is for the month of May. Don't know if it's a permanent change as I was too lazy to check every single date.

I hear if you're stuck on a regional C seat - the 772 is better due to the 2 small cabins instead of 1 huge cabin. F and Y are largely the same I guess.

Was so disappointed as I thought they'd be sending the 772ERs down here, till I saw F fare buckets being sold.
    All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

F is 4 inch better on the 773 than the 772.

Comment

Good spotting KeithMEL!

Changeover commences on the 26th March. Checked out to September and the 772 is still there, so I guess that means it's permanent??

I much prefer the 773 over the 772 in J. Don't know if there is any pitch difference, but the 773 always seems to have more space. And no F is a real downer. Looks like I'll have to take SQ227/228 (744) from now on.

Regards
      SQ744

Comment

I've heard that at least one of the 777 flights to MEL is due to receive the 77W in the second round of allocations. I wouldn't be surprised to see both 217/8 and 237/8 operated by the 77W in future.

Comment

Originally posted by RJA View Post
          I've heard that at least one of the 777 flights to MEL is due to receive the 77W in the second round of allocations. I wouldn't be surprised to see both 217/8 and 237/8 operated by the 77W in future.
          You have lifted my spirits RJA!

If that's the case, then maybe I'll just 'stick it out' on the 772 whilst I await the arrival of the 77W. The 77W on the MEL-SIN leg would be exciting news for those of us in MEL.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ744 View Post

I much prefer the 773 over the 772 in J. Don't know if there is any pitch difference, but the 773 always seems to have more space. And no F is a real downer. Looks like I'll have to take SQ227/228 (744) from now on.
            It's a 3 class 772.
            All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
              It's a 3 class 772.
              You're right. You can book F, but the seat map displays only 2 class.

Comment

You have lifted my spirits RJA!

If that's the case, then maybe I'll just 'stick it out' on the 772 whilst I await the arrival of the 77W. The 77W on the MEL-SIN leg would be exciting news for those of us in MEL.
                I certainly hope what I had heard is not wrong otherwise it'd be rather embarrassing!

I find it strange how MEL only gets one daily flight with a proper longhaul F and C seats while rivals like QF (excluding NRT and JQ), CX, TG, and MH offers proper longhaul premium seats on all MEL flights. I like to think that SQ will eventually operate 2x 77W + 1x A380 to MEL.

Comment

You're right. You can book F, but the seat map displays only 2 class.
                  That's odd.

Comment

Looks like I'll have to take SQ227/228 (744) from now on.
                    I took SQ227/228 in F last May. Flight pairing exactly like that of SQ221/222 (SYD). Full dinner after takeoff and full breakfast prior to landing for outbound. But inbound, only one full main meal and the second just being a very very light refreshment. Wish 222 and 228 would serve two full meals like 286 ex-AKL.
                    My Past, Present, Future Flights (Flights from March 2007 to Present to Future)

Comment

Hi Rejuvenated,

I also took F on SQ227 only a couple of weeks ago. First time for me on a 744 'up the front'. Absolutely loved it. Only problem is, I'm going to find it difficult turning right as you board the aircraft in future.

Outstanding service and whole new experience for me. There really is nothing like sitting 'up front' on a 744.

I received full meal after takeoff then only a light continental breakfast close to arrival.

Regards
                      SQ744

Comment

My only problem with SQ228 is the fact that i always end up racking a night's stay credit at Hotel SKL since i can't connect home to KUL (not on SQ anyway)

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
                          It's a 3 class 772.
                          Quick update:
                          Booked an award flight in April on SQ238 MEL-SIN. Although the seat map indicates 772 two-class, when I actually selected the seat, the cabin shows a 772 with the two C class cabins. So the configuration is 3 class as you indicated.

Regards
                          SQ744

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                            My only problem with SQ228 is the fact that i always end up racking a night's stay credit at Hotel SKL since i can't connect home to KUL (not on SQ anyway)
                            Emm.....there is always the alternative of "ground transportation" via Johor. (Just kidding)
                            My Past, Present, Future Flights (Flights from March 2007 to Present to Future)

Comment

Originally posted by Rejuvenated View Post
                              Emm.....there is always the alternative of "ground transportation" via Johor. (Just kidding)
                              Seriously - I'm beginning to consider those options. The 5 hour bus is quite nice from what i hear, plus i have a 3G/3.5G internet connection throughout most of malaysia and with powerpoints aboard those luxury buses, i can live with that

Comment

Working...
                              X