First flight for PPS Qualification this year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First flight for PPS Qualification this year

Yes. I have just booked a return trip on MI to SBY for the weekend as the first flight for my possibly long and painful effort for PPS Qualification.

Cost: S$1,193 for a mere 2.5 sectors

I also just enrolled in LH M&M to take advantage of double-dipping. I am still worried that the check-in agent will not do it for me since I don't really have an official M&M card at the moment

Originally posted by YK@HKG View Post
    Cost: S$1,193 for a mere 2.5 sectors
    That doesn't seem like a particularly high price per PPS sector.

Comment

MI flight doesn't earn miles on LH M&M. Am I wrong?
      AFAIK, by flying MI, there is no double dipping possibility.

Comment

Originally posted by CGK View Post
        Ahh???? I have checked back...and indeed...it's not possible
        I guess I have to stick with crediting both miles and sectors to KF

Comment

That's the drawback of flying MI. Well, I am not that fond of their C class. Would rather take SQ C metal instead. A345 to CGK is great. But I know it's more expensive $$$-wise.

Comment

What is the cheapest ticket now in terms of lowest price per PPS sector?

Comment

Originally posted by zvezda View Post
              What is the cheapest ticket now in terms of lowest price per PPS sector?
              It should be SIN-SOLO, S$793 for 2.5 sectors.

Comment

That's the drawback of flying MI. Well, I am not that fond of their C class. Would rather take SQ C metal instead. A345 to CGK is great. But I know it's more expensive $$$-wise.
                I know...I will be taking either SQ C or F for the trip back to CGK next month (CNY period). Taking SQ C to CGK is not necessarily more expensive....I think it's 100 bucks cheaper than the SBY one.

Comment

Originally posted by YK@HKG View Post
                  It should be SIN-SOLO, S$793 for 2.5 sectors.
                  SOLO? Where is it?

Comment

Solo City (SOC) is in Central Java, Indonesia. Home of traditional batik.

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
                      Solo City (SOC) is in Central Java, Indonesia. Home of traditional batik.
                      Just think of it this way, without Solo (or Central Java) there will be no Batik Sarong Kebaya for the Singapore Girls

Comment

Double Dipping? Does this mean we can credit the miles to both Krisflyer and LH M&M in the same flight? Is this possible?

Comment

Originally posted by UMD View Post
                          Double Dipping? Does this mean we can credit the miles to both Krisflyer and LH M&M in the same flight? Is this possible?
                          No, double dipping means that you can credit the RDM's (Redeemable miles) to Lufthansa, and the PPS Sectors and (PPS miles - which are non redeemable) to Krisflyer. As those RDM's on LH are also EQM's (Elite qualifying miles) - you can qualify for status on Both, but you only get miles for redeeming for free flights/upgrading on one (in this case, LH).

You cannot however, credit MI flights to LH. They are not partners. Both the RDM's and EQM's for MI flights have to go into Krisflyer

Comment

That is definitely a drawback of MI, that you can't credit credit the miles to anywhere else other than KF. I wish they would allow them to join *A, even as a regional partner or whatever it's called.

MI fly to some great destinations.

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                              No, double dipping means that you can credit the RDM's (Redeemable miles) to Lufthansa, and the PPS Sectors and (PPS miles - which are non redeemable) to Krisflyer. As those RDM's on LH are also EQM's (Elite qualifying miles) - you can qualify for status on Both, but you only get miles for redeeming for free flights/upgrading on one (in this case, LH).

You cannot however, credit MI flights to LH. They are not partners. Both the RDM's and EQM's for MI flights have to go into Krisflyer
                              Thanks for the explanation. So LH is doing the same thing as QF.

Comment

Working...
                              X