Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• suggestion about Conrad Bali

hi guys....
    Has someone any suggestion about Conrad Bali? (if there are rooms who really worths more than others... if there are some good website to use for booking)...

thank you
    Luke
    There's only One way to fly.... SINGAPORE AIRLINES!
    If SQ is too expensive, the other way to fly is Qatar Airways

Just FYI, Conrad Bali has been quite good in upgrading HH Gold one level up.
    All of the type of rooms I have tried there have been really nice. Even all the (base) Garden View Rooms have spacious layout. I think Ocean Front Rooms are slightly better as they are on the outermost parts of the hotel, although the layout is slightly smaller than the other rooms.
    And there are also rooms that have swimming pool directly outside their balconies. I think they are called Lagoon Rooms.

Comment

Originally posted by LukeGT View Post
      hi guys....
      Has someone any suggestion about Conrad Bali? (if there are rooms who really worths more than others... if there are some good website to use for booking)...

thank you
      Luke
      IMHO, The Conrad is the best 'large chain' hotel on the Island. The staff & mgmt are excellent - chat with the exec. chef and try his arabic mezze. If you're not taking a suite, try and get a room on the ground floor with direct pool access. They are slightly larger than other standard rooms and you have a nice patio outside.

Comment

Originally posted by slickalick View Post
        If you're not taking a suite, try and get a room on the ground floor with direct pool access. They are slightly larger than other standard rooms and you have a nice patio outside.
        This was what I meant with 'Lagoon Rooms'. I think you described it better than I did.

Welcome to SQTalk, slickalick.

Comment

Thank you both and welcome to SQTalk, Slickalick!
          There's only One way to fly.... SINGAPORE AIRLINES!
          If SQ is too expensive, the other way to fly is Qatar Airways

Comment

I am planning to stay at Conrad end of the month. Is ocean view a good choice? I know last time in Bali, I got the lagoon side due to the help of StarG. This time I booked it through a TA.

Comment

The room is nice and spacious but do understand that most Ocean View rooms are 'diagonally facing' the ocean, not straight facing the ocean.

Comment

Okay.. for about $20 - $25 difference, would you go for Garden View or Ocean View? Imagine that you were someone who just had a broken heart.

Comment

It does not matter much for me as I can always sit around at one of those Conrad cabanas by the beach even if I have a Garden View room.

Comment

Thanks.
                    So the room whether Garden View or Ocean View is the same size, right?

Comment

Yes, most of them are of the same size, except a few Ocean View rooms that faces straight to the Ocean but far from the beach (thus not categorized as Ocean Front). Those are a bit smaller IIRC.
                      I have stayed in several different room types in Conrad and there are no such thing as a bad room type there.

Comment

The Conrad is nice, very stylish, but the beach is disappointing as the waters are still as a millpond. A protective reef in the distance keeps the waves out. Its good for familes with young children through. I personally prefer the crashing surf and wide sands of Seminyak beach (just north of Kuta and Legian). It helps that some of the best restaurants in all of Bali are found on or near Seminyak. Tanjung Benoa where the Conrad is located, just like Nusa Dua located just south, is soulless. Eating out is mainly confined to the hotel restaurants (unless you arrange for transportation to take you out). You've been warned!

Comment

Apologies for resurrecting an old thread...but i would like to have some recent opinions of the Conrad Bali and the Nusa Dur area as I will be in Bali in a few days time. Is it still as soulless as other people have commented on it before.

I will be staying at the Sanur Bali Hyatt for 2 nights and then looking to try another property for a different atmosphere. Looking for a place with easy access to great food and parties

Thanks a lot
                          Last edited by zander; 27 December 2008, 10:24 PM.

Comment

It is a great place to relax and do nothing.
                            For food & partying, Seminyak area is a better place.
                            Conrad (Tanjung Benoa/Nusa Dua) area is about half an hour drive away.

Comment

Originally posted by zander View Post
                              Looking for a place with easy access to great food and parties
                              Seminyak over Nusa Dua in that case.

Comment

Working...
                              X