plane spotting at WSSS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• plane spotting at WSSS

I don't know how many of you know this but if you take Bus 9 from either Bedok Interchange or Tampines Interchange you will get right outside Runway 20R (Changi point) which is also near the Cargo Complex.

A rough idea of how close you can get to the plane. (B727)

For more information.......

http://www.spotterswiki.com/index.php?title=WSSS

Last edited by ryanlim2000; 30 May 2009, 02:39 PM. Reason: Incorrect Runway Numbers

That would actually be runway 20R.

Comment

I've been there numerous times during the day but for some reason luck always fails me. I have once caught a few aircraft there but got told to leave by police officers.
      The world's too large a place not to go wandering.

Comment

I spot at Changi Beach there whenever landings are on the 20 side.

And viraj735, I've never had any problems with police there. Stay on Changi Beach and you shouldn't have any problems viewing 20R arrivals. Just don't point any cameras toward the SAF jetty area.

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
          That would actually be runway 20R.
          Ok! Thanks for the notification.

Originally posted by viraj735 View Post
          I've been there numerous times during the day but for some reason luck always fails me. I have once caught a few aircraft there but got told to leave by police officers.
          Hey Viraj, just some flight stats, the area is usually pretty busy (but don't expect any JFK flight lines) but at about 12:30 the area starts to cool down until about 3 or 4 pm. Most International Flights come at about after 4 (BA,AF and Delta.....) You WILL have to be prepared for many A321s. For an idea of how many A321s there will be, heres my photobucket account. (9:30 to about 12:45) http://s603.photobucket.com/albums/t...NE%20SPOTTING/
          Last edited by ryanlim2000; 29 May 2009, 10:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ryanlim2000 View Post
            Ok! Thanks for the notification.

Hey Viraj, just some flight stats, the area is usually pretty busy (but don't expect any JFK flight lines) but at about 12:30 the area starts to cool down until about 3 or 4 pm. Most International Flights come at about after 4 (BA,AF and Delta.....) You WILL have to be prepared for many A321s. For an idea of how many A321s there will be, heres my photobucket account. (9:30 to about 12:45) http://s603.photobucket.com/albums/t...NE%20SPOTTING/
            Thanks so much, ryanlim2000! Nice pictures and thanks for the information. I'll be going down there in the near future for sure!!!

Comment

You WILL have to be prepared for many A321s.
              ryanlim2000, I think you mean A320s. A320s are operated by AK, QZ, FD, TR, JQ, 3K, VF and MI mainly while there are only 2x A321 services daily by VN.

Comment

Originally posted by wsssaero View Post
                ryanlim2000, I think you mean A320s. A320s are operated by AK, QZ, FD, TR, JQ, 3K, VF and MI mainly while there are only 2x A321 services daily by VN.
                ah. Thanks for the heads up. I thought A321 is A320-100 so It's a totally different model.....

Oh and viraj. One more thing for spotters....

Might come in handy.

Comment

ah. Thanks for the heads up. I thought A321 is A320-100 so It's a totally different model.....

Oh and viraj. One more thing for spotters....

Might come in handy.
                  Thanks Ryan! I think I might head down in a couple of weeks as I have exam week coming up.

Comment

the A321 has a longer fuselage than the A320 whilst the A319 (baby airbus) has even a smaller fuselage than the A320. Also CZ also flies in their A321 onmost occassions.
                    For spotting of parked SQ aircraft, on the road to the Budget terminal - just before the SAS catering, SQ have been parking its aircrafts at the remote bay there - and today there's even a A380 there amongst the 777s.

Comment

Originally posted by flyguy View Post
                      For spotting of parked SQ aircraft, on the road to the Budget terminal - just before the SAS catering, SQ have been parking its aircrafts at the remote bay there - and today there's even a A380 there amongst the 777s.
                      That remote bay can be seen from the South Cross bridge. However, advice is the same with all perimeter spots - don't stay too long.

Comment

Originally posted by wsssaero View Post
                        That remote bay can be seen from the South Cross bridge. However, advice is the same with all perimeter spots - don't stay too long.
                        Note: The cops are more relaxed on Sundays, so if you wanna try to avoid the cops go on Sunday or with some friends!

Comment

Working...
                        X