Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do SQ look at revenue rather than just PPS sectors/years qualified ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do SQ look at revenue rather than just PPS sectors/years qualified ?

I understand that BA (to take an example) had a semi-secret CCV score (now changed I think) which ranked how important a customer is to BA on a scale of 1 to 100 with 100 being premier.

It presumably took account of things like revenue generated by that pax rather than simply the tier point score (which is more for the customer's benefit rather than BA, i.e. lounge access if a silver).

Does anyone know whether SQ has anything similar, i.e. looking at other factors besides simply PPS sectors and/or number of years qualified as Q/T/LPPS ? In terms of pure revenue, it seems that (for example) a TPPS who's achieved that status flying F ex-AKL would have spent much less than someone who did the same flying F ex-JFK; and that whilst both have the same sector count, the latter is presumably more commercially important.

If there IS such a system and someone knows about it, can s/he also divulge who can see the score and also what it determines, e.g. rare opup's, calendars , invites to PPS events etc ?

Unless I am mistaken, isn't the CCV post in TOF a spoof?

Comment

The FSB references are spoofs but not CCV (which apparently is no longer called that):

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=630394
      Last edited by jhm; 19 January 2007, 06:56 AM.

Comment

I don't know about SQ, but IIRC someone on the CX board posted that CX started to look at elites based on the revenue they generate. So there are more important - say - CX Golds than all CX Golds, etc.

Comment

Please, don't give any other idea to SQ to reduce benefits .... they're good enough in doing so
          There's only One way to fly.... SINGAPORE AIRLINES!
          If SQ is too expensive, the other way to fly is Qatar Airways

Comment

A whiff of a rumour here...

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=650046

Comment

UA UGS base on $$$ and location I think.

Comment

Originally posted by CGK View Post
                UA UGS base on $$$ and location I think.
                UA only count $ spent on UA flights on UA 016 ticket stock. One can spend a million $ a year flying UA metal with UA flight numbers, but if it's not on UA ticket stock, no UGS.

Comment

The rumour is very unsettling....

Comment

Methinks there are way too many rumors flying around these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
                      Methinks there are way too many rumors flying around these days.
                      Yeah....hopefully these aren't true. But, the changes made to KF are one indication that SQ doesn't really care for most of us

Comment

Working...
                      X