Highest percentage of SQ on RTW tix ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Highest percentage of SQ on RTW tix ?

A new year, typical wet and windy January weather outside and what better to do than sit here and daydream about holidays in the summer!

Last year - thanks to the advice and encouragement of some of you - I spent just over a fortnight flying the main part of a RWSTAR2 with the following SQ flights:

ZRH-MAN-ZRH (flown a few weeks earlier)
    FRA-SIN
    SIN-CGK-SIN
    SIN-SGN-SIN (not a turnaround - before I get any stick from MAN Flyer! )
    SIN-PEK
    KIX-BKK
    BKK-NRT-LAX
    JFK-FRA

giving 27,648 miles on SQ metal, i.e. 81% of the total.

I'd like to take another flying holiday this year and was wondering what's the best way of increasing the SQ percentage ? It must definitely be possible since I had a very enjoyable side trip from LAX to YVR (not SQ of course but the main aim/destination of my RTW); I started in Europe (so it may be better to start in Southeast Asia ?); and there's no longer any need to spend time in Europe (unless BCN-MXP is worth flying ?).

I'm not concerned so much about PPS sectors (as I'm part way towards requalification already) - just about maximising the number of mies on SQ metal.

I will of course sit down and do some thinking/searching the PPS runs thread on TOF myself but, in the meantime, was wondering whether anyone has any suggestions ?
    Last edited by jhm; 17 January 2007, 09:33 PM.

i did a CRWSTAR2 last year that went BKK-NRT-LAX-ORD-DCA//JFK-FRA-ZRH-MAN-ZRH-FRA-LHR-SIN-DPS-SIN-MEL-SIN-BKK.

it wa 91+% SQ metal

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
      SIN-SGN-SIN (not a turnaround - before I get any stick from MAN Flyer! )
      I should think so too !!.

It may be worth remembering that will try and clobber you with the surcharge for the 77W flights.

I don't think they've got rights for BCN-MXP. That would be another reason for AZ to have one of their monthly strikes.

Comment

jhm, what are you looking for? Maximum PPS sectors, or just the percentage BIS on SQ?
        I was looking at this:

FRA
        JFK
        SFO (the only non-SQ flight)
        ICN
        SIN
        AKL
        SIN
        NRT
        SIN
        FRA

Total miles is 38,455 and non SQ flight is 2586 miles. Thus about 93% BIS is on SQ.

Comment

Originally posted by CGK View Post
          jhm, what are you looking for? Maximum PPS sectors, or just the percentage BIS on SQ?
          CGK, percentage BIS on SQ ... thank you very much for your routing! It looks like exactly what I'm after!

Comment

I have a SQ/VS CRTW with 100% BIS on SQ

Comment

Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
              I have a SQ/VS CRTW with 100% BIS on SQ
              If on SQ metal, then how ? Other than SIN-EWR/JFK-FRA-SIN of course!

Comment

Well, of course if you want to push it, I have other suggestion:

FRA
                JFK
                EWR
                SIN
                AKL
                SIN
                SYD
                SIN
                LHR

All on SQ... about 38,440 miles total.

Comment

I think I prefer your first one - more my kind of destinations and I've never been to SFO!

Will sit down when I have time and do some thinking...

Comment

SFO special gathering in the making?
                    Well, if you can specify where you want to be for this RTW trip, may be we all can chip in for the routing possibilities as always.

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
                      If on SQ metal, then how ? Other than SIN-EWR/JFK-FRA-SIN of course!
                      DEL-SIN-ICN-SIN-EWR-JFK-FRA-SIN-CGK-SIN-DEL

Comment

Are you actually allow to transit SIN more than 2 times...? I thought that the Star Alliance either Circle Pacific & Round The World fares rules aren't allow that...!

Comment

I don't know about the other fares but the maximum I was allowed to transit SIN on a RWSTAR was 3 times. I did:

...-FRA-SIN-CGK-SIN-SGN-SIN-PEK-...

Comment

Originally posted by SQTalker View Post
                            Are you actually allow to transit SIN more than 2 times...? I thought that the Star Alliance either Circle Pacific & Round The World fares rules aren't allow that...!
                            On the SQ/VS RTW, yes. One stopover and unlimited transits per city. 29K mileage limit and you can buy an extra 4.5k miles in multiples of 1.5k

Comment

Unlimited transits ? Does that mean I can rack up a large amount of PPS sectors (more than on a RWSTAR) by transiting SIN to all the nearby destinations ?

Comment

Working...
                              X