Hilton handing out status to anyone with a pulse again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hilton handing out status to anyone with a pulse again

BA, BD and KL card holders that I have read so far.

Reports that they are outside supermarkets handing out Gold cards to anyone who smiles are as yet unconfirmed....
    Last edited by MAN Flyer; 12 May 2009, 05:51 PM.

I think it's a selective promotion (albeit to lots of people). I'm BA/BD gold but haven't received anything so far.

BA GGL are comped Hilton diamond.

Comment

As previously mentioned I was requalified Gold on 0 paid stays.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiwi View Post

Good for you !
        I was 3 days short..emailed and asked them if I could requalify or extend the expiry date as I have 5 nights planned in 2 weeks time..they said no.

Comment

But if the number of your Hilton stays in previous years is anything like the number of your SQ flights in previous years, I'm not surprised at all!

Comment

How many reward stays did you have as Hilton does recognise reward stays for requalification.

Comment

I'm happy to see I'm probably one of the few not awarded with gold status...
              There's only One way to fly.... SINGAPORE AIRLINES!
              If SQ is too expensive, the other way to fly is Qatar Airways

Comment

After 4 years of thinking I have a pulse, Hilton has decided this year that I have passed on. I got nada.

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
                  But if the number of your Hilton stays in previous years is anything like the number of your SQ flights in previous years, I'm not surprised at all!
                  The previous year I scraped into Gold qualification, and prior to that I was Diamond for a few years.

I struggle to maintain status with hotel programs (well other than Priority Club because promo points and even bought points count).

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                    Reports that they are outside supermarkets handing out Gold cards to anyone who smiles are as yet unconfirmed....
                    Well, they gotta get people to fill those rooms innit!

Hilton, you know I love ya, but y'all can be so behind industry product trends and all the recent brouhaha with regard to Denizen (which btw makes me think of dungeons. Either that or the deep blue sea ) just serves to show y'all are playing catch up.
                    Le jour de Saint Eugène, en traversant la Calle Mayor...

Comment

I was qualified as a Hilton gold 2 years back without any stay in the previous year. But this year I have to restart as a Blue member

Comment

I just got upgraded to Silver status for no apparent reason. Not complaining though.
                        All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
                          I just got upgraded to Silver status for no apparent reason. Not complaining though.
                          HH Silver has no real benefits though.

Comment

Yes, has anyone outside of the UK received this HH Gold? I am halfway through HH Silver and going for the Gold before aiming for the trifecta with SPG, so this would save quite a few stays.

Comment

HH Silver has no real benefits though.
                              At least I get the 15% points bonus. Seeing that SPG requalification is sorted for this year, the Hilton 2-4-1 deal is on and I have a trip to KUL soon, because of this unexpected upgrade I've gone to book the Hilton Sentral rather than the LM as planned - the former is a property that I've always wanted to try.
                              All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Working...
                              X