Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which route will get the A380s?

Come on people, forget the Concorde!!

Its about the new A380! Get your crystal balls, your SQ contacts, your textbooks and whatever you need and lets have a list of SQ flights on the A380 flightpath. We are the know it all for SQ!! (Well some of us think so..)

What are the SQ flights getting the A380s?
    Last edited by Jubilee777; 16 January 2007, 10:09 PM.

I think (no, it had BETTER be, or my gamble blows up in my face) SIN-SYD.......

Comment

Defenitely SIN-SYD, SIN-LHR. Probably will be used on some of those US routes not replaced by the 77W.

Comment

Originally posted by Jubilee777 View Post
        Come on people, forget the Concorde!!

Its about the new A380! Get your crystal balls, your SQ contacts, your textbooks and whatever you need and lets have a list of SQ flights on the A380 flightpath. We are the know it all for SQ!! (Well some of us think so..)

What are the SQ flights getting the A380s?

Some of course speaking from a much better crystal ball than others....

I had a bizarre dream the other day that seemed to indiacte by next July/August 2 x LHR, 2 X SYD will have the A380. Subject to no further delays from Expect Additional Delays Soon.

Anyone else have any A380 route dreams. ?

Comment

I also expect SQ1/2 (SFO-HKG) and (if LAX would actually start getting its facilities ready) SQ11/12 (LAX-NRT).

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
            Expect Additional Delays Soon.
            Good one there
            "Singapore Girl, You're A Great Way To Fly"

-Singapore Airlines

Comment

We should already be flying the A380 already!

Comment

Originally posted by globetrekker84 View Post
                I also expect SQ1/2 (SFO-HKG)
                That's another.

It would be slightly surprising if SQ638/637 got it early on, but you never know...

Comment

SFO - SQ1/2 for sure. Seems like she can do SFO-HKG year round which is important

Comment

Originally posted by MadameConcorde
                    Just wait until you are in there cramped in economy
                    Heavens! I seriously doubt it though.

Originally posted by MadameConcorde
                    There was none of this with Concorde. People would even come at the exit doors to see if they would spot any celebrities coming off the flights. It was the strangest feeling...
                    My company board (Dad rather), insisted that i never spend too much time in New York. And concorde was the way he would keep me in London for longer under his watchful eye. For this reason I am GLAD it's gone.

Maybe i'm alone in this, but I DREADED Concorde. 38 inch pitch was not what i had in mind (concorde room aside). I found the experience quite underwhelming after a few rides.

The refunds I got from R class to F on a 747 ended up in my pocket somehow

Maybe I rode it too much for it to excite - but to me - it was very ordinary.

I guess we Concorde flyers are all celebs now!
                    This is also one of the reasons a trip across the pond by subsonic was a much more relaxing experience.

Comment

[Mod hat on]

Folks, please keep the discussion civil.

Chill out!

Cheerios,
                      Keith

[/Mod hat off]
                      All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

If I look at the top left of my screen it says SQTalk not ConcordeTalk.

Enough with the Concorde Talk.....
                        Last edited by SQflyergirl; 18 January 2007, 10:14 AM.

Comment

cough cough... what about going back to original topic?

thank you for your co-operation
                          There's only One way to fly.... SINGAPORE AIRLINES!
                          If SQ is too expensive, the other way to fly is Qatar Airways

Comment

What do y'all think about FRA?

326/325 will become A380 & 26/25 becomes 77W

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                              SFO - SQ1/2 for sure. Seems like she can do SFO-HKG year round which is important
                              It was always clear that the WhaleJet would be able to fly SFO-HKG on most days. The question, which remains open, was whether or not she could do it 365 days per year with a good payload. That was what CX wanted. Now that another nine have ordered, I expect SQ will deploy the WhaleJet on SQ1/2 unless they introduce a fourth daily flight to LAX -- hopefully via PVG.

Comment

Working...
                              X