Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serviced apartments in Singapore, e.g., Somerset

Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with the service apartment in Singapore (especially Somerset), at the moment I see they have at least 3 options:

Compass
    Grand Cairnhill
    Orchard

Anyone knows which one has the best/ latest interior? From the pictures online they look rather outdated.

Tks,
    Andy

Stayed at the Somerset Grand Cairnhill last year for 3 weeks.
    Location is great, near Paragon and a taxi rank outside.
    2 weeks in an ordinary apartment, which was ...ordinary, and yes, a little dated. In fact the bathrooms had a ventilation problem and I had to complain about black mould.
    1 week in a 2 bed Executive/Deluxe (can't remember what it was called) and that was HEAPS better, better beds,decor,bathrooms.
    Comp Breakfast every day was a very basic affair too, served by moody old aged pensioners. (sorry if that sounds un-PC)

Had a look at the Compass property and that was probably worse than GC.
    Also not as conveniently located.

Did not check out Orchard at all.

Hope this helps !
    F all the way. Settle for J. Usually whY. Sigh.

Comment

I should add that the desk staff at GC were great, very helpful when I had to extend the stay several times.
      The stay was for a medical reason, and the porters were absolutely great too with helping us get around and loaning us a wheelchair, and generally attending to our sometimes complex needs.
      F all the way. Settle for J. Usually whY. Sigh.

Comment

Thanks for the input...

Comment

I was briefly in the Ascott Apartments in Raffles Place last week as a mate is staying there. They were quite nice, and very handy if you are working in the CBD:

http://www2.the-ascott.com/en/singap...les_place.html

Comment

Any comments on Treetops or any discounts on Fraser Place available?

Comment

Originally posted by bugaboo
              can also consider la rezidenza at grand copthorne. not in the thick of things, but still quite convenient to everywhere.
              http://www.millenniumhotels.com.sg/g...Residenza.html
              Yes, thanks bugaboo - but a bit too posh and does not appear too family-friendly...

Comment

fraiser place is OK and by the river, fraiser suites are a bit futher out but have buses into the cbd/orcahrd road etc.

Comment

Originally posted by 225 View Post
                  fraiser place is OK and by the river, fraiser suites are a bit futher out but have buses into the cbd/orcahrd road etc.
                  For the record, the buses shuttle between Fraser Place, Fraser Suites and Orchard/Suntec - it's the same service, with 2 different bus routes.

Comment

Working...
                  X