Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[BNE] The New Lounge - any experiences ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [BNE] The New Lounge - any experiences ?

I usually fly 3/4 times to LHR via SIN from BNE and the new lounge is open I see at BNE and it being the only option given the flight time.

Anyone had any experience of this lounge yet ? Sadly I have the horrid midnight flight out shortly. At least its on the A330 which I'm looking forward to, the old ultimo seats were terribad!

I only wish that they flew a F cabin out of BNE

Originally posted by Centurionman View Post
    I usually fly 3/4 times to LHR via SIN from BNE and the new lounge is open I see at BNE and it being the only option given the flight time.
    There is also the AirNZ lounge but it wont be open at that time

Anyone had any experience of this lounge yet ? Sadly I have the horrid midnight flight out shortly. At least its on the A330 which I'm looking forward to, the old ultimo seats were terribad!

Hate the late night flights and avoid them whenever I can.
    The new lounge is good and much better than the old one. They have a good spread of food (hot/cold) and ample drinks etc. There is a couple of plasmas tvs and free wi-fi. There's an office area as well with around 3 to 4 PC's if i remember.

Haven't used the showers.. but if rest of bathroom is anything to go by should be nice.

Its not the hugest lounge but more than accommodates everyone.

THere is some photos i posted a couple of weeks back under the A330 thread.

I only wish that they flew a F cabin out of BNE
    The new A330 J is heaps better than the old 777 offering... never flown F on SQ so have nothing to benchmark against. The new seats are good...

Comment

Thank you ! I found the pics http://www.sqtalk.com/forums/showthr...7543#post87543

It does look better than the NZ Koru Club anyhow and I might be able to grab a snack or two so I can just hit the sack on boarding rather than wait for the supper service. Thanks very much indeed for the insight.

Comment

Thank you ! I found the pics http://www.sqtalk.com/forums/showthr...7543#post87543

It does look better than the NZ Koru Club anyhow and I might be able to grab a snack or two so I can just hit the sack on boarding rather than wait for the supper service. Thanks very much indeed for the insight.
        The thing that is missing in the SKL is the Koru Club's pancake making machine.. that was cool. I told the BNE SQ office that they needed to get one.

Comment

I inspected the lounge back at the beginning of the month and it is much nicer than the previous lounge. The bathrooms/showers are nothing special though.

Comment

The BNE SKL like you've never seen it before:

(taken back in mid-December '08)

Comment

Comment

lee_apromise: What day were you there? It looks almost like the same day my photos were taken (last week)

Comment

I was there on 1st of July, prior to take SQ246
                  That deep fried coconut chicken almost killed me, I didn't know they put a skewer inside the coating haha.

Comment

Gosh, good thing you didn't eat the skewer... that would not be pleasant at all!

My photos were taken 29th of June on Monday, hmm... I have a few more around here somewhere... will try to post those up too.

Comment

When on a SQ J ticket should someone use this or go to the Koru club ?

Can you do both ?

Comment

The timings tend to not overlap when they can help it... last week, for example whilst waiting for SQ236 from noon til 2:45pm, Koru Club wasn't open.

Technically you should be able to walk into the NZ lounge as well.

Comment

Wow ... only 2 departures between 8 and midnight on Tuesdays.

So yeah looks like only SQ is open

Comment

NZ International Lounge (not Koru Club, those are domestic lounges) at BNE is open for all NZ flights as well as whatever flights of other airlines they have contracted to provide lounge services for. The former have a fairly stable schedule, mostly early morning, few middle of day and afternoon. The latter are highly variable.

Comment

Can say since BNE is my home port... that the SKL Lounge is good and nice and new. The food is fine except for strange bamboo sticks in inappropriate locations within food (if you miss seeing them)... but having said that I do miss the Koru Clubs Automated Pancake making machine. I encouraged the SQ BNE office to hint to the state manager to get one for SKL but hasn't happened.

Comment

Working...
                              X