Airline check-in available in Crowne Plaza Hotel at Changi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airline check-in available in Crowne Plaza Hotel at Changi

Why is it that the best and easiest to use airport in the world has things like this, but the PITA ones dont ?.

Guests at the Crowne Plaza Changi Airport in Singapore now get an added bonus when they stay at the 320-room city-style resort.

Guests can now literally ‘check in’ as they ‘check out’: check into Singapore Airlines or SilkAir flights from a dedicated counter in the lobby of the hotel, at the same time as they check out of their rooms.

The unique new service is operated by the Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore (CAAS) personnel, who take care of check–in baggage and issue boarding passes.

And it complements another of Crowne Plaza Changi Airport’s unique services in which hotel staff meet and greet guests airside as they leave the airbridge, as they arrive in Singapore and assist them through immigration, luggage collection and the short walk to reception and check-in.

“While our meet-and-greet service means that our guests are checked in and relaxing in their rooms while other airline passengers are still in the taxi queue or en route to downtown accommodation, our new airline check-in facility gives guests yet another unique advantage: no heavy luggage and no airport check-in queues. Just a stroll to the departure gate,” said Crowne Plaza Changi Airport’s General Manager, Mark Winterton.

“The CAAS was instrumental in helping us with this initiative, an integral part of an ongoing programme to keep on providing our guests with breakthrough services,” he added.

http://www.asiatraveltips.com/news09...iAirport.shtml

Presumably this works for all airlines and not just SQ. Will they issue lounge invitations as well ? Will they understand the different luggage allowances allowed depending on status/COS ? Will it be 24-hours ?

Questions, question!

Comment

I suspect it's for SQ and MI only, for now.

The Hyatt at ICN has the same thing for KE pax.

Comment

Having normally done the runs into City Hotels for over nighters... taking the Crowne Option is starting to look a better.. not that I need to check in laugage etc. So over getting in.. then taking a half hour joy trip back and fourth from Changi. Is the Crowne ok? Stayed at them elsewhere OS.

Comment

Consider JetQuay yet?

Comment

Originally posted by whatsthequestionnow View Post
            Having normally done the runs into City Hotels for over nighters... taking the Crowne Option is starting to look a better.. not that I need to check in laugage etc. So over getting in.. then taking a half hour joy trip back and fourth from Changi. Is the Crowne ok? Stayed at them elsewhere OS.
            I stayed there a couple of time before and I liked it.

Comment

It's a very nice hotel and I have stayed several times. Cheaper than the ones in the City (for similar standard) and you don't have to wake up too early if you have morning flights...

Comment

Working...
              X