SQ DROPPING SERVICES?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQ DROPPING SERVICES?

This is my first post so a bit new to all this.
    I recently booked a flight back to NZL from the UAE and have always flown SQ for the past 7 years on this route. The last 3 years I have done this trip 2/3 times a year on Business or First Class therefore have been PPS for the last 3 years as well. I was surprised to find out that SQ do not provide a transit hotel in SIN anymore and advised me that if I wanted a transit hotel then this would be at my expense? (my transit time is over 13 hours) Do they expect me as a ticketed first class pasanger / PPS to pay for a hotel. I have never had to in the past. Has anyone else heard of this before. I was told that this is now a new SQ policy. They dont seem to be looking after thier passangers as they once used to ???

You can stay overnight at the SKL F?

Comment

whats SKL, a bit green to all this

Comment

Welcome to SQT, NZPPS.

That is definitely news to me. I sure hope that this isn't the case, but I'll leave the answer to the high-rolling PPS residents such as DFP, CGK, etc.

SKL = Silver Kris Lounge

Comment

thanks, am very interested.

Comment

Well, not a high roller as per GT84's definition but you CAN overnight in the Silver Kris Lounge in Singapore. I've done this many many times. It's quite pleasant. In the F section there are private rooms with slumberettes.

Comment

I know that not all C or F fares are elligible for the free hotel during lay over. And yes, I know not all airlines will provide the hotel for the layover. As most of SQTalkers here knowing me personally, I rarely asked for the free hotel. So, I have no better knowledge about this matter.
              But, yes, I have heard about the dropping of the free layover accomodation since other major airlines withdrawing the offers long time ago.

Comment

Originally posted by NZPPS View Post
                Do they expect me as a ticketed first class pasanger / PPS to pay for a hotel. I have never had to in the past. Has anyone else heard of this before. I was told that this is now a new SQ policy. They dont seem to be looking after thier passangers as they once used to ???
                I may be a kind of person that has different view in general life. As an F pax, I don't expect SQ to pay everything for me. If I have to have a long layover in SIN, I would not ask for a hotel. And yes, I know and was told that I am entitled to it. But, that's only a tiny fraction of the whole experience when flying SQ. Last time, I arrived at 8am and my flight to NRT departed at 11:40pm. I stayed at SKL. Took a nap in a slumberette. Showered... breakfast.. snacks.. then I left my carry-on in left luggage... and I went to Orchard Road. Went to California Fitness. Had dinner. And went back to SKL. Not bad, for me, I must say.

But again, different person has different standard. I am just a naive desperate housewive.
                Last edited by CGK; 12 January 2007, 05:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CGK View Post
                  I am just a naive deperate housewive.
                  Oh dear. I think that has totally changed the way I see that show now: Teri Hatcher, Marcia Cross, Felicity Huffman, Eva Longoria, and CGK all living on Wisteria Lane.

Comment

Really? Unfortunately, I don't live in the suburb. I will not appear in all episodes because of my frequent flying habits. And remember, each of those characters has secrets.

Comment

Originally posted by CGK View Post
                      I know that not all C or F fares are elligible for the free hotel during lay over.
                      And as far as I know, your incoming flight into SIN must not have any possible connections OUT to the final destination on that day in order to be eligible for the STPC (free hotel accommodation by SQ).

Comment

I have just a curiosity.
                        Let's say i have to travel to CHC and the CHC flight operates only on 1.345.7.
                        I'm booked on LHR-SIN flight in F class arriving at SIN on tuesday afternoon....
                        therefore i should wait till wednesday evening to take my connecting flight.
                        Also for this kind of connection (exceeding 24 hrs) does SQ provide HTL?
                        Moreover, i suppose they have some C/S with NZ to travel from AKL to CHC (i mean the domestic sector from AKL), so technically they could say that there is a possible connection (SIN-SQ-AKL-SQ/NZ-CHC).

Isn't it?
                        Last edited by LukeGT; 13 January 2007, 12:29 AM.
                        There's only One way to fly.... SINGAPORE AIRLINES!
                        If SQ is too expensive, the other way to fly is Qatar Airways

Comment

Should have flew out tonite from LHR, and arrive in SIN to stay overnite at SKL F to catch the first flight out to KUL!

Comment

LukeGT; I would say so. Doesnt make sense though?

Comment

Originally posted by LukeGT View Post
                              I have just a curiosity.
                              Let's say i have to travel to CHC and the CHC flight operates only on 1.345.7.
                              I'm booked on LHR-SIN flight in F class arriving at SIN on tuesday afternoon....
                              therefore i should wait till wednesday evening to take my connecting flight.
                              Also for this kind of connection (exceeding 24 hrs) does SQ provide HTL?
                              Moreover, i suppose they have some C/S with NZ to travel from AKL to CHC (i mean the domestic sector from AKL), so technically they could say that there is a possible connection (SIN-SQ-AKL-SQ/NZ-CHC).

Isn't it?
                              SQ has code share service with NZ for domestic. Thus, when you book the flight, especially in F, automatically it will show LHR-SIN-AKL F AKL-CHC codeshare.
                              And remember that if you by the ticket, and break the journey in SIN like what you explain, it will put into a higher fares bracket since it is considered as a stopover in Singapore.

Note: I know some pax would fight with SQ to get that free stopover and free hotel.

Comment

Working...
                              X