Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Don Muang to reopen for Domestic flights - including TG!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don Muang to reopen for Domestic flights - including TG!!!

Headlines on today's Bangkok Post is the Airports of Thailand (AOT) yesterday approving the reopening on March 15th. But TG Domestic flights ?? Madness.

I wonder if we will be able to use the SKL's ?

Hm...confusion abound. I wonder how many people are going to go to the wrong airport now.

Comment

Uhh - good luck transferring all the way over to DMK to connect to domestic flights...
      All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Actually the article does go on to say that flights to popular tourist destinations such as Phuket, Chiang Mai, Ciang Rai and Hat Yai 'could' remain at Suvarnabhumi.

The move to Don Muang would be voluntary apparently. Bizarrely the TG President is noted as saying the move back to Don Muang 'would be the best soluation for them as the airport is more convenient for travellers that the distant Suvarnabhumi.'

Distant ??. I have travelled from the City to Suvarnabhumi 5 times now, and each time was at least as quick if not quicker than all my trips to Don Muang.

We are in Suvarnabhumi now. Arrived to see less than a third of the domestic gates occupied. Great, we thought. What do they do ?. Put us on a remote gate and bus us in.

Topped off by the bus drived initially taking us to the International arivals. T.I.T.

Comment

Sawasdee kaaa! T.I.T. Mai pen rai !

Comment

But, like someone said on TOF, won't every domestic flight potentially have intl pax and vice versa though? I hope TG doesn't agree to the move.
            All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

This is moronic. I hope TG doesn't go. Makes domestic-int'l connections a nightmare. Being the only airline offering dom-int'l at Suvarnabhumi could generate business for TG, as pax connecting from abroad won't want to trek over to Don Muang to catch an LCC (assuming they know what they're doing). Send Nok Air over there, and let the LCC's go, even for int'l-- but just until they get Suvarnabhumi fully operational.

This could be a real PITA for my first domestic flight on TG, now slated for May HKT-BKK. At least I won't need to do a same-day connection over to Suvernabhumi-- if I can get my ticketing issues worked out.

Comment

Working...
              X