KL Sentral Baggage Check-IN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KL Sentral Baggage Check-IN

I am heading to KUL soon, and for the return, I may/may not get a ride from my relatives to the airport, depending on their work schedules. Worst case scenario, I can take the train from KL Sentral. What my relatives told me was that when they traveled by MH, they can check in the baggage to the final destination at KL Sentral (not the airport), and don't have to worry about dealing with the big luggages on the train. But they are unsure if SQ, or any other airlines, has that same option.

Does anyone here know if I can check in the bag at KL Sentral, all the way to YYZ if I have an SQ ticket and not an MH ticket?

Sorry mate, only passengers on MH, EK, CX and BI can check in at KL Sentral.

Comment

Originally posted by s7r0ng3r View Post
      Sorry mate, only passengers on MH, EK, CX and BI can check in at KL Sentral.
      Yeah, I figured that, but wasn't 100% sure, so thought I'd ask. Thanks for the info tho.' I guess I just have another luggage to watch over in the train.

Hopefully I can get a ride instead.

Comment

I wouldn't let it bother you too much if you can't check your luggage in.

Get a ticket on the Express train, and there's likely to be plenty of room. That train is designed purely for airport goers so there are baggage holders, etc.

When I rode on it last year there was plenty of room. I kept my bags next to me.

Comment

Thank you as well for that info, warpspeed.

Comment

Originally posted by sumitsan View Post
            I am heading to KUL soon, and for the return, I may/may not get a ride from my relatives to the airport, depending on their work schedules. Worst case scenario, I can take the train from KL Sentral. What my relatives told me was that when they traveled by MH, they can check in the baggage to the final destination at KL Sentral (not the airport), and don't have to worry about dealing with the big luggages on the train. But they are unsure if SQ, or any other airlines, has that same option.

Does anyone here know if I can check in the bag at KL Sentral, all the way to YYZ if I have an SQ ticket and not an MH ticket?
            SQ does not have downtown check in at KL Sentral.

I would recommend if luaggage is an issue to make use of the Airport Limo. The budget (usually a Proto Waja) is still quite attractively priced considering one person travel.

Other forumites might have better suggestions

Comment

Originally posted by warpspeed View Post
              I wouldn't let it bother you too much if you can't check your luggage in.

Get a ticket on the Express train, and there's likely to be plenty of room. That train is designed purely for airport goers so there are baggage holders, etc.

When I rode on it last year there was plenty of room. I kept my bags next to me.
              You are right on the airport goers portion wrt to the Airport Express train config.. Hopefully TS is not leaving at a time where there are many people or big luggages. It can be quite cumbersome

Comment

With regards to the airport limo - it's more expensive, and the biggest minus is that it's too slow compared to taking the Airport Express (train). It's seriously a breeze and it gets to the airport in 28 mins flat (okay, last week it was 29 mins, but who's counting)..

It's fast, it's modern (seats are showing a bit of wear and tear), but it's really good. And the toilet is phenomenally spacious.

I've taken this 4 times in the last month and have no complaints. I also took the taxi, caught a lift twice, and they both don't compare.

Comment

Originally posted by SINFJ View Post
                  You are right on the airport goers portion wrt to the Airport Express train config.. Hopefully TS is not leaving at a time where there are many people or big luggages. It can be quite cumbersome
                  Indeed I could see how that'd happen. With my backpack, camera bag and suitcase I decided I'd catch the monorail to KL Sentral. Saved me some cash and saved me from the traffic jams but I was stuffed and drenched in sweat by the time I got to KL Sentral.

Picking up ones suitcase and holding it above ones head to get through the turnstile then over a bridge and onto a jam packed monorail with 50 million other people, is an interesting, but not comfortable experience

So I was pretty happy when I found the Express train wasn't jam packed to the brim on my ride to the airport. Given the state of the monorail, I was half expecting it to be.

Comment

Picking up ones suitcase and holding it above ones head to get through the turnstile then over a bridge and onto a jam packed monorail with 50 million other people, is an interesting, but not comfortable experience
                    You could have used the bulky luggage exit gate (head towards the info counter and signal for them to open the gates for you.

I was pretty happy when I found the Express train wasn't jam packed to the brim on my ride to the airport. Given the state of the monorail, I was half expecting it to be.
                    Everything (and I mean everything) from platform systems, to infrastructure and train sets are German (Siemens), whilst the monorail is made locally by a company whom a certain prime minister's certain son-in-law has interest in. Capisco?

Comment

Originally posted by leo View Post
                      You could have used the bulky luggage exit gate (head towards the info counter and signal for them to open the gates for you.
                      Yes, I discovered that after I got off at KL Sentral (didn't know about it at the station I got on at), the guys opened the gate and let me go through, which was nice.

Everything (and I mean everything) from platform systems, to infrastructure and train sets are German (Siemens), whilst the monorail is made locally by a company whom a certain prime minister's certain son-in-law has interest in. Capisco?
                      That explains a lot. The train ride was very nice, comfortable, quiet, smooth, etc. I haven't ridden on a nice train like that in a long time so that was quite an enjoyable experience (especially after the monorail).

Comment

Thanks again to everyone who posted useful info on this thread. If I get a ride, it's even better since it's free of charge. But at least I know what my options are, and also have an idea of what to expect on this train and luggage storage if I have to find my way there.

Comment

Working...
                        X