Airbus a380

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airbus a380

The emergency slides has always made me ponder how in the world are the passengers suppose to exit the upper deck, if the plane lands in water? The lower deck slides is at water level and passengers can walk off the plane and onto the slides. But what about the upper level? Interesting

http://www.airbus.com/store/photolib..._Evac_1_hr.jpg

I think zvezda would be the person who'd know the answer the best. But until then, I'll chime in with a possibly incorrect response:

Assuming that during a water ditch, the plane miraculously stays intact (which it probably wouldn't anyways - see Ethiopian Airlines 961), the cargo hold should still keep the plane afloat for a while so the lower passenger deck would still be pretty high up too. And seeing that the doors are all staggered, I'd say that both levels would be used in case of emergency egress.

Comment

Reading a thread on water landings in TOF, I don't believe ANY plane has ever survived a water landing...

As far as escape from a 747 UD is concerned (presumably the A380 may be the same), the primary escape route is actually down the stairs - see post 6 onwards:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=596035

Comment

i dont think 10 rafts will be able to hold 600 people

Comment

Sliding down from 2 storey high is quite scary

Comment

Originally posted by quik! View Post
            Sliding down from 2 storey high is quite scary
            I think it looks great fun - admitely I might well change my mind when standing up there about to jump

Comment

Originally posted by Lobster View Post
              I think it looks great fun - admitely I might well change my mind when standing up there about to jump
              and - above all - you could change your mind because, if u have to use those slides, it means that it's not the best moment of your life...
              There's only One way to fly.... SINGAPORE AIRLINES!
              If SQ is too expensive, the other way to fly is Qatar Airways

Comment

Read what i collect and you'll know how they do it.

Comment

Working...
                X