[FRA] LH Senator Lounge - concourse B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [FRA] LH Senator Lounge - concourse B

Not very inspiring I'm afraid... And rather crowded too. Great food selection though. But look what I saw outside!

All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Is this the loung you would recommend when leaving on SQ 26? Or would it rather be UA RCC or another LH Lounge?

Comment

SQ26 FRA-JFK uses UA RCC

Comment

so you wont even be able to get in a lounge other than the rcc?

Comment

I would use the Lufthansa Business Class lounge further down. It is the lounge they use for SQ 325. It is much much more spacious than the Senator lounge and the shower facilities are quite good as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Worldroute View Post
            so you wont even be able to get in a lounge other than the rcc?
            You can use any of them but the RCC is much handier as SQ26 leaves from that part of the airport.

The LH lounges are a bit of a trek away and you have the additional corridor security check to get into the part of the airport you need to get too. I agree with UMD's comments about the lounges.

Comment

Getting between the UA RCC and LH Senator or Business lounges was a real PITA on my recent visit to see CGK off on his final LPPS run trip. As MAN Flyer mentions, it's a real trek to get to either of the LH lounges from the UCC, including a security check where they were patting down every single pax! Queues were getting really bad as the morning progressed

Added to that, as MAN Flyer again points out, SQ26 leaves from that end of the airport, so I would see no reason to use the LH lounges at all. From what I saw of the Business side of the RCC, I reckon it looked more pleasant and comfortable than either of the LH lounges; the First side was certainly more inviting.

nickbot

Comment

Originally posted by nickbot View Post
                ...including a security check where they were patting down every single pax!
                It's a very personal pat down too.
                All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
                  It's a very personal pat down too.
                  What to do? Part of the world we live in.

At longer lines, I tend the defuse the tense situation (p*ssed off pax) by thanking the security goon for the free body and foot massage.

Comment

Originally posted by SQFAN View Post
                    What to do? Part of the world we live in.

At longer lines, I tend the defuse the tense situation (p*ssed off pax) by thanking the security goon for the free body and foot massage.
                    Indeed. I love the personal pat down. It's addictive. No need to get offended. And just enjoy what the procedures are.

In fact, I feel fine with pat down. But I feel naked when going through that machine that show the screener everything...

Comment

Originally posted by CGK View Post
                      Indeed. I love the personal pat down. It's addictive.
                      Come to think of it, CGK did have a smile on his face during the pat down - he went through after me and it seemed to take a while

I don't object one single bit to a pat down search of every pax, as this introduces a layer of security often sorely missing (cf the recent "security" scandal at Birmingham International BHX),...the only thing I object to is the time it can often take. If there were more security staff on duty it would make the process far more painless.

After returning from having a wash in the LH lounge earlier this week, the pat down guards queried me for only having a small bag with me (rest was left in the RCC with CGK's party)...perhaps he thought I was dodgy for travelling so light

EDIT

Only took a few lounge pics this trip (and this will pre-empt my trip report somewhat), but for the purposes of this discussion here's one of the food offerings at the LH Senator lounge...

Last edited by nickbot; 16 June 2007, 05:40 AM.

Comment

Come to think of it, CGK did have a smile on his face during the pat down - he went through after me and it seemed to take a while
                        Hmmm...the last time I met CGK in FRA about 6 weeks ago, he seemed to enjoy the pat down as well. He even disappeared with a security goon for a while after guesting me into the LH FCL

Comment

Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
                          Hmmm...the last time I met CGK in FRA about 6 weeks ago, he seemed to enjoy the pat down as well. He even disappeared with a security goon for a while after guesting me into the LH FCL
                          Hmmm...I think there's a pattern emerging here Sounds like CGK is a big fan of certain elements of FRA

Comment

Hmmm...I think there's a pattern emerging here Sounds like CGK is a big fan of certain elements of FRA
                            As I said in my previous post:
                            Originally posted by CGK View Post
                            I love the personal pat down. It's addictive.

Comment

Why didn't I get any pat down at FRA 3 weeks ago?

Comment

Working...
                              X