No announcement yet.

Is the meal better if we choose online?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the meal better if we choose online?

Will the meal be the same if we chose online and those onboard? Eg If I chose seafood, will there be seafood on board too? Just curious as I am thinking whether to order it online first?

Originally posted by sweety View Post
    Will the meal be the same if we chose online and those onboard? Eg If I chose seafood, will there be seafood on board too? Just curious as I am thinking whether to order it online first?
    Welcome to SQTalk, sweety.

I don't quite get what you mean here when you ask will the meal be the same. Can you please clarify what route and class of travel you are talking about ?. I presume Business or First Class and you are considering using Book the Cook ?.

Comment

According to my limited experiences......pre-select the seafood meal would be a better choice in Y class since although the normal meal provide choices of seafood, you meal would be different too.

For example, in my HKG-SIN flight, the normal meal have a choice of

Appetiser: Potato salad with ham
      Main course: Panfried fish in lemon butter sauce with vegetables and potatoes

but my pre-booked seafood meal was different which include

Appertiser: Smoked Tuna Salad
      Main course: Creamy Prawns and Scallops with vegatables and Pasta

My observation is that if you book seafood meal, both appertiser and main course would contains seafood.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
        Welcome to SQTalk, sweety.

I don't quite get what you mean here when you ask will the meal be the same. Can you please clarify what route and class of travel you are talking about ?. I presume Business or First Class and you are considering using Book the Cook ?.

Thank you MAN Flyer. I redeem my tickets to Bali economy, so i do not know which class i fall under. However, the system can allows me to select the meals now. So i am thinking whether it will be better if I chose online first. You know whether there is a different? Thanks.

Comment

You're under Economy class then, and you have the standard meal choice options.

There was a very similar inquiry regarding seafood meals in Economy a short while back - take a look here, and you can see the various experiences we've had. For me, I would definitely have no problems booking the seafood meal again if flying Economy to a destination with meal service onboard:

http://www.sqtalk.com/forums/showthr...eafood&page=14

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
            You're under Economy class then, and you have the standard meal choice options.

There was a very similar inquiry regarding seafood meals in Economy a short while back - take a look here, and you can see the various experiences we've had. For me, I would definitely have no problems booking the seafood meal again if flying Economy to a destination with meal service onboard:

http://www.sqtalk.com/forums/showthr...eafood&page=14

Thanks Kyo! I decided to book online after looking at the posts! Thanks again.

Comment

If you choose your meal online, you'll get to eat before everyone else

Comment

Originally posted by quik! View Post
                But you have to wait for a longer time for collecting the tray

Comment

Originally posted by sutrakhk View Post
                  You can always wave them down to get them collect your tray once you are done

Comment

Is that really a big deal relative to the convenience?

If you're in an aisle seat, that isn't such an issue. If you need to get out to use the loo, just lift your tray; set your tray back down; and then go do your business. If you don't need to get out of the seat, just think about the people who would rather be eating than waiting for the cabin crew to serve up the meal.

Note that my remark may not apply to pax not in aisle seats (which I haven't had to be for a long time).

Have a pleasant flight, sweety.*

*After typing that, I no longer wonder why MAN Flyer had the '' smiley after his welcome.
                    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

And you cannot change your mind after you get the meal. I mean you can, but there might not be enough of the regular meals to serve you.

Comment

You can always wave them down to get them collect your tray once you are done
                        Oh really? Maybe it is my illusion due to my past experiences. According to my memory, in my CGK-SIN run, there was a guy sit in front of me ordered special meal, once he finiehed, he asked the FA to collect the tray however the FA refused (I don't know the reason), the guy then took his tray to the galley by himself and go back to his own seat.

And on my last SIN-HKG leg, when the FA was on the Coffee/Tea run with the cart, one guy wanted to retuen his tray(Normal meal) but the FA asked him to wait.

Maybe these experiences let me think trays have to collect at the designate time

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                        Is that really a big deal relative to the convenience?
                        Sorry......for a fat baster like me......the table is really a problem for me. When taking CX's A330/A340, the tables even cannot fully open due to my big belly, so I hope the tray would be collect as soon as possible as I am too afraid I will drop the tray. It's totally my fault...sorry

Hope I can take the C class on SQ as soon as possible

Comment

Maybe these experiences let me think trays have to collect at the designate time
                          I think it's just that the trolley might not have room to spare for the early trays. There have been occasions when I've bussed my tray to the galley myself.
                          Sorry......the table is really a problem for me. When taking CX's A330/A340, the tables even cannot fully open due to my big belly, so I hope the tray would be collect as soon as possible as I am too afraid I will drop the tray. It's totally my fault...sorry
                          No need to apologize, no worries. I just wanted to get another perspective. I've done my share of spilling tray contents around my seat area -- not exactly what my seatmates bought when they purchased their ticket.
                          Hope I can take the C class on SQ as soon as possible
                          I hope you'll let us know when the time comes. Or before, if you want to report back on an SQ Y trip.
                          ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Working...
                          X