Hotels In Guangzhou

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hotels In Guangzhou

Guys, need reccomendations here. Will be off to Guangzhou for work and would like to seek help on 4 & 5* hotels around town which is located near dining, shopping and entertainment area.

Thanks!

Rgds,

Have tried the Westin Guangzhou. Reviews are posted in the thread on Starwood Properties in China. It's located in Tian He district, just a stone-throw away from the train station connecting to HKG and you have a number of big malls in Tian He.

Comment

Originally posted by YK@HKG View Post
      Have tried the Westin Guangzhou. Reviews are posted in the thread on Starwood Properties in China. It's located in Tian He district, just a stone-throw away from the train station connecting to HKG and you have a number of big malls in Tian He.
      Thanks...i was looking at it as well...it's around USD 350 per night for a deluxe king in May. It's much cheaper in March & April....wonder why..

Comment

Re: Hotels In Guangzhou

I recommend The Garden Hotel (368 Huanshi Dong Lu, Guangzhou), price here.

Have a nice trip

Comment

for Guangzhou actually some 5 star hotels are only rmb500 to rmb700 for march ie like Garden hotel, or Aisa International hotel ect n the few along huangshi east road - however from early april rates will usually be upped n even 2 to 3 times more due to the Canton fair - but this year may not see that kind of rise due to the recession.

Comment

I stayed at the Westin when it was still in soft opening period. I seem to remember watching Mr Chew's acceptance speech at the A380 handing over ceremony on CNA in my room.

Nice Hotel, but not worth anything like USD 350 a night !!

Comment

Originally posted by KevSQ View Post
              Thanks...i was looking at it as well...it's around USD 350 per night for a deluxe king in May. It's much cheaper in March & April....wonder why..
              The cheapest rate is RMB1,100; which is not even close to USD200

Comment

Reviving this thread - thinking about an SPG or Hilton property for 1 or 2 nights in Guangzhou, a rather quick >24 hrs stopover, in fact. Can also do <24 hours, but just need to consider which of my two favourite chains have properties where it's easy to get to/from the airport and what's the best place out of all of them!

What's there to do in Guangzhou anyway?

Thanks in advance!

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                  Reviving this thread - thinking about an SPG or Hilton property for 1 or 2 nights in Guangzhou, a rather quick >24 hrs stopover, in fact. Can also do <24 hours, but just need to consider which of my two favourite chains have properties where it's easy to get to/from the airport and what's the best place out of all of them!

What's there to do in Guangzhou anyway?

Thanks in advance!
                  With such a short stopover, not much you can do. Maybe shopping.

Having said that, if you can look out of SPG or HH, Pullman Guangzhou Baiyun Airport is pretty decent. Close to the Airport and subway into town is about 28 minutes. Stayed that for 3 nights in Feb and pretty alright. got the room for RMB700 plus per night

Comment

I stayed in the White Swan which is a large modern hotel located on a very peaceful small island close to the traditional wet market and older areas of the city. The hotel participates in FHR and IIRC LHW; it's not a chain. I was impressed with my welcome, including check in in the room and traditional tea service there. The hotel has pretty good facilities and lots of restaurants/bars, but my favorite was sitting in an outdoor garden by the water where the evening meal was a BBQ buffet with meat and fish prepared to order on outdoor grills. It was very pleasant to sit and watch the lighted boats go by. I think I must have done this several times for dinner and each time was a magical experience.

Comment

Working...
                    X