Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NRT - Passport Control/Customs (Monday's around 1830 - 2030)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NRT - Passport Control/Customs (Monday's around 1830 - 2030)

Hi all,

I'm meeting up with friends in NRT for a 15 day trip starting on the 23rd of Feb (I had to burn up expiring FF points hence my different flight).

They are arriving on JL11 (Jetstar from Gold Coast) at 1830 however ... I see it has been late by anywhere from 1 - 2.5 hours each time it has flown in the last 2 weeks.

This causes a huge problem for us as we had plans to be on a train at 21:14 (we also need to change rail passes).

Does anyone know how much time to expect gate to exit?

I remember reading back in 2007 that it can be up to 3 hours in passport control during busy times
    Although I have no experience of this, last time I was in NRT (Jul 2007) there was a super typhoon in the area and we were one of only 3 flights that landed that day

Thank you

Regards,

David

How was your experience with passport control and customs at NRT, David?

Comment

Despite popular belief internet seems very rare in Japan, I have seen only one internet cafe and found only a few unsecured hotspots.

I arrived in the morning on SQ632 at 7am in Terminal 1.

I would say that there were about 2 other flights at this time, however we arrived at the passport control first.

3 counters for Japanese passport holders and only one for other passports.

Lucky I was only 6th in line, the agent was nice and quick however the Australian passport + 22 years of age was no problem, I was just asked if I was traveling alone.

When i passed the line had grown longer than the snake of ropped off pathways extended however it looked like 2 more staff came on duty just as i passed too.

My other party that arrived in Terminal 2 at 19:00 (thank you jetstar for maintaining like 20% on time for this flight) didnt have too much of a line at passport control however we did not have a hotel for the first night yet, and not writing anything on the arrival slip caused the guard to turn them back, then argue with other guards if to let them in or not.

But we all got in, even if it was delayed.

Anyway I must run, will proofread this and fix it up later.

Regards,

David

Comment

Working...
      X