Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Goldmann 25h Hotel Frankfurt: funky fresh.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goldmann 25h Hotel Frankfurt: funky fresh.

Hi fellas.

Just wanted to share something with you. Frankfurt is probably the city I visited the most in 08. I tried some hotels there and the best one I found is one that does not belong to a big chain. Yes, I know, this might just scare off some program-followers here but still, I highly recommend this hotel for just being unconventional, stylish and cheap.

The hotel itself is located near a metro station, so getting places does not take too long. The main benefit of this hotel is its proximity to Frankfurts renowned Cocoon Club by Sven Väth, one of the techno grandfathers. When you're into electronic music and you happen to be in Frankfurt, the Goldmann 25h Hotel and a ticket for the Cocoon are basically a must. The hotel lady will discount Cocoon tickets for you, so that you can buy them for 10 Euros. This is possible because the owner of the Hotel chain, Ari Goldmann, also owns the building the Cocoon Club is in.

Anyway, you never know what to expect in this hotel: all the rooms are differentthe rooms follow different design schemes. Peter and I were given a room we did not like, but we did not manage to make photos of it. The room we stayed in was a bit bizarre, yet absolutely fabulous but see for yourself:

Sorry for the slightly bad photo quality, I am too lazy to regulate the usual contrast/brightness in Photoshop... =(

The Entrance.

The lobby seats.

The reception desk.

The all-bronze elevator.

The third floor: Das offene Geheimnis, "the open secret".

The room we had: Haltet den Dieb, "stop thief".

The open bathroom concept in our room.

The weird sink.

The beds and the weird sheep.

The desk and another weird sheep.

The weird chair.

All in all, the hotel was great. I really loved it there and the staff was very friendly and most helpful. This hotel is definitely my number one spot in Frankfurt. Ah, before I forget: It is part of the Design Hotels program, for those of you who are a member there (hintedy hint, hint)... ^^
    Home is where your heart is.

Interesting looking room. Thanks for sharing, flo.

Comment

Those be some ratty looking towels.
      HUGE AL

Comment

Isn't the sink the same as Hilton Sentral in KL? Or am I confusing with somewhere else?

Comment

Originally posted by flo View Post

The open bathroom concept in our room.
          Nice and open for a couple sharing a room I suppose!

Comment

jhm: yeah okay that was a bit annoying: we had to move the beds apart ... and while I showered, Peter wasn't allowed in the room ... or had to lock himself in the toilet ... and vice versa of course. A bit homophobic, I know -.- but we are very private guys ... I found that open bathroom concepts are rather annoying when traveling with friends. On the other side, I might just take along my special lady friend the next time I happen to fly to Frankfurt ... suprise, surprise!

Kiwi: Dunno, haven't been to the Hilton in KL. Was next door at the LM

HUGE AL: Well, the towels ... were used

Comment

jhm: yeah okay that was a bit annoying: we had to move the beds apart ... and while I showered, Peter wasn't allowed in the room ... or had to lock himself in the toilet ... and vice versa of course. A bit homophobic, I know -.- but we are very private guys ... I found that open bathroom concepts are rather annoying when traveling with friends.
              Really Flo! You'd just have to trust your friends not to look! I share a bed with my girlfriends and I don't think my girlfriends would care much if the toilet was an open concept thing. We'd be more worried about service staff popping in at the wrong moment.

That said, us three ended up together in a Swedish sauna in our swimming costumes even though the rest of the occupants were naked. I don't know why!

Comment

my special lady friend
                You have to persuade Fraulein flo to come along the next time we meet up!

Comment

Originally posted by phaleesy View Post
                  Really Flo! You'd just have to trust your friends not to look! I share a bed with my girlfriends and I don't think my girlfriends would care much if the toilet was an open concept thing. We'd be more worried about service staff popping in at the wrong moment.

That said, us three ended up together in a Swedish sauna in our swimming costumes even though the rest of the occupants were naked. I don't know why!
                  Dunno, I just happen to be a very private person ... the only way I want people to see me is dressed

jhm: sure

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
                    Nice and open for a couple sharing a room I suppose!
                    jhm: yeah okay that was a bit annoying: we had to move the beds apart ... and while I showered, Peter wasn't allowed in the room ... or had to lock himself in the toilet ... and vice versa of course. A bit homophobic, I know -.- but we are very private guys ... I found that open bathroom concepts are rather annoying when traveling with friends. On the other side, I might just take along my special lady friend the next time I happen to fly to Frankfurt ... suprise, surprise!
                    Dude, it's OK...we're all friends here...

Originally posted by phaleesy View Post

Paris is now just went up in percentage.
                    HUGE AL

Comment

interested pictures and beautiful room

Comment

Working...
                      X