Singapore MRT Circle Line (CCL)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Singapore MRT Circle Line (CCL)

Does anyone know when the MRT Circle Line (CCL) line will be opening in Singapore?

It looks like it will make access to the Marina hotels more convenient.

progressively from mid-2009

It'll start with connection tos Bishan station on the North-South Line and Serangoon station on the NEL. Full line from 2010.

Comment

It's now open already

Comment

I have used it to commute from the Conrad to Raffles Place. Promenade Station is 5 mins walk from the Conrad (can go thru Millenia Walk mall). It's about 20 mins via Dhoby Ghaut to Raffles Place.

Comment

Originally posted by Wan1dap View Post
          I have used it to commute from the Conrad to Raffles Place. Promenade Station is 5 mins walk from the Conrad (can go thru Millenia Walk mall). It's about 20 mins via Dhoby Ghaut to Raffles Place.
          From the MRT map I am perusing, it appears you probably exited at the Esplanade station. The Circle line must be a big plus for those staying in the Marina area.

I kinda wish there was a direct line from Clarke Quay to Orchard road though.

Comment

No I used Promenade. Pretty sure it's closer than Espalanade, although admittedly haven't tried that.

Comment

Originally posted by LampStack View Post
              I kinda wish there was a direct line from Clarke Quay to Orchard road though.
              There is, it's purple and it comes out at Dhoby Ghaut station which is the lower end of Orchard

Comment

Originally posted by Wan1dap View Post
                No I used Promenade. Pretty sure it's closer than Espalanade, although admittedly haven't tried that.
                It is Promenade that is closest to the Conrad IIRC. I had a wander round there a few weeks ago when I was in the Conrad weighing up the best options and the entrance just past the Outback Steakhouse place in front of the taxi rank at the entrance to the Conrad seemed to be the closest and easiest.

I have to say, I think having two stations next to each other called Promenade and Esplanade is asking for confusion for visitors.

Comment

I wonder why they called Promenade Station, 'Promenade'... Esplanade I can understand... but Promenade? What/where's the 'Promenade'?

Comment

Note that the West half of the circle line has not opened yet. I believe it is due to open mid this year.
                    From the SMRT Website- the dotted line refers.

In 2013 a further extention down south for the Circle Line will open

Comment

Working...
                    X