Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hotels in Zurich

Hello!

I am thinking of visiting Zurich in the near future. I currently have the option to stay at either the Marriott or the Swissotel Zurich. Which of these 2 are better for the first-time visitor to Zurich hoping to tour the city in a weekend?

Or are there any other comparable hotels one can recommend?

Any help is appreciated!

I haven't stayed at either, but the Marriott is more centrally located. Swissotel is out near the airport. Between those two I would go for the Marriott.

I chose to stay at the Crowne Plaza Zurich instead. Few people on the IC forum on TOF complain about it but I thought it was fine and great value for the price compared to the other hotels. Plus, you can find some of my favorite people in the lobby and gym and if you're lucky, you'll have some great company while you're sightseeing....if that makes a difference

Comment

I'm not sure if you're into this but Zurich offers some very nice small boutique hotels. I've got Hotel du Theatre booked for an upcoming trip. http://www.hotel-du-theatre.ch/default-n41-sE.html

A couple of mins walk from the main train station. Much cheaper than the chain hotels.

Comment

I've stayed at the Plattenhof, near the children's hospital.. it's a nice small quaint little boutique hotel with a xbox 360 in every room

Comment

OT: I miss Zurich. And I will be always. I miss the Old City. I miss ... I miss a certain hotel where the guests need earplugs to sleep.

Switzerland has become part of Schengen. And I need visa to visit.

Comment

ah thanks everyone! either the marriot or the crowne plaza then - priority club!

Comment

I definitely would NOT recommend the Swissotel. It's in a suburb outside Zurich and very old and tired.

Comment

hmm. and i was wondering why the swissotel was that cheap on the package i was looking at. i would try the boutique hotels - the du theatre looks really interesting, but it'll be rather more expensive to get air tickets separately. hmmmm...

Thanks too milehighj!

Comment

Working...
                X