Grr, there goes my PPS luggage tag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grr, there goes my PPS luggage tag

I don't believe that PPS luggage tag are such prized commodity. On my flight from SIN-FRA-LHR-ABZ, mine went missing whereas my other tag from TOF survived.

There is no way that my tag can be accidentally snapped or whatever. I think it's a case of manual removal. Grrrrr. Admittedly, I had a 10hr wait at SIN. Hmmm I wonder....

BTW, any chance of us getting a SQTalk tag?

Originally posted by SQFAN View Post
    That has been mentioned, and I believe plans for them may be in the works (rumor says some VVIPs may have them already!).

Comment

Originally posted by MovieMan View Post
      (rumor says some VVIPs may have them already!).
      Yes.... SQTalk does not love me

Comment

That has been mentioned, and I believe plans for them may be in the works (rumor says some VVIPs may have them already!).
        I'm in!

Comment

I know what that person is...have seen photographic evidence.

Comment

i lost a 1st class luggage tag before
            and recently, a PPS Solitare luggge tag.
            I wonder if it was deliberately removed by the buggage handlers because I wasn't travelling 1st class ???

Originally posted by SQFAN View Post
            I don't believe that PPS luggage tag are such prized commodity. On my flight from SIN-FRA-LHR-ABZ, mine went missing whereas my other tag from TOF survived.

There is no way that my tag can be accidentally snapped or whatever. I think it's a case of manual removal. Grrrrr. Admittedly, I had a 10hr wait at SIN. Hmmm I wonder....

Comment

As the matter this is true when I spoke with one of the SATS staff that 5 years ago when I did't flown 25 sectors enought to kept my PPS status & downgrade to KrisFlyer Gold or Silver (I forgot) but I still have my PPS lugguage tag on my check-in bag, SIN airport did removed my tag after I got my luggage at SIN airport, my 2nd PPS tag was also removed either at LHR or FRA on my onward trip. There are 2 possibilities according to my friend who work for SATS, 1 possibility is they really check your PPS status to see whether you are abusing the Priority bag, the 2nd possibility is some baggage handler did this intentionally to collect all the premium tags & then re-sell it on eBay, so from time to time you will find a lot of ebay seller from Australia, Frankfurt, London, & Zurich that there were selling quite expensively.

Comment

Originally posted by SQTalker View Post
                There are 2 possibilities according to my friend who work for SATS, 1 possibility is they really check your PPS status to see whether you are abusing the Priority bag, the 2nd possibility is some baggage handler did this intentionally to collect all the premium tags & then re-sell it on eBay, so from time to time you will find a lot of ebay seller from Australia, Frankfurt, London, & Zurich that there were selling quite expensively.
                This is why I keep them on my handluggage only....

If I have to check in a rollerboard (sometimes forced to, on other airlines, like 9w), then I make sure to remove it - or you could lose it!

Comment

As far as I know, what they do cut off are the paper PRIORITY tags (F, J, Solitaire, or Star Alliance) when your current ticket/status do not entitle you for them. They don't & have no right to cut off the PPS tags (leather or plastic) as the luggage might belong to your family member etc. The PPS tags are just for identification anyway, they don't speed up your bags.

Yes, if you don't have the right ticket/status, be prepared to have your existing paper priority tags cut off by the check in agent.

Comment

I am sorry to hear that you were a victim of a luggage tag theft. Seems like these days there are a few out there who's motive to steal is to satisfy an ego so they can become a "PPS Wannabe" when they can't afford to become one themselves.
                    My Past, Present, Future Flights (Flights from March 2007 to Present to Future)

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
                      As far as I know, what they do cut off are the paper PRIORITY tags (F, J, Solitaire, or Star Alliance) when your current ticket/status do not entitle you for them. They don't & have no right to cut off the PPS tags (leather or plastic) as the luggage might belong to your family member etc. The PPS tags are just for identification anyway, they don't speed up your bags.

Yes, if you don't have the right ticket/status, be prepared to have your existing paper priority tags cut off by the check in agent.
                      Not so sure abt cutting off paper priority tags for StarAlliance Business class though. I put the tags on for my parents (when they are not travelling with me), and they have no status at all. So far, the tags have survived !!

Comment

Originally posted by acey View Post
                        Not so sure abt cutting off paper priority tags for StarAlliance Business class though. I put the tags on for my parents (when they are not travelling with me), and they have no status at all. So far, the tags have survived !!
                        Your parents have been lucky!
                        I don't think they are enforced 100% of the time, but they do cut off priority tags for non-qualified pax. IMHO, it is quite fair to do that. People either pay for J/F or went through whatever it takes for them to become a KF elite to get this privilege.

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
                          Your parents have been lucky!
                          I don't think they are enforced 100% of the time, but they do cut off priority tags for non-qualified pax. IMHO, it is quite fair to do that. People either pay for J/F or went through whatever it takes for them to become a KF elite to get this privilege.
                          I join StarG in congratulating your parents on their luck, acey. I've personally seen the agents cut paper tags off for people ahead of me in the Internet checkin queue, who were travelling in economy instead of Raffles.

Because SQ seems to be one of the very few airlines with whom the tags actually mean something (true even in the baggage cesspool that is LHR), I also concur with StarG that this seemingly mean policy actually makes sense and is only fair to the parties involved.
                          ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Maybe SQ should do what other airlines (like LH) is doing. Put the paper tag where the luggage barcode sticker is. That would be really fraud proof.

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                            I join StarG in congratulating your parents on their luck, acey. I've personally seen the agents cut paper tags off for people ahead of me in the Internet checkin queue, who were travelling in economy instead of Raffles.

Because SQ seems to be one of the very few airlines with whom the tags actually mean something (true even in the baggage cesspool that is LHR), I also concur with StarG that this seemingly mean policy actually makes sense and is only fair to the parties involved.

Comment

I think we should make a clearer distinction. I believe in his original post SQFAN was referring to the personalized "permanent" PPS luggage tags, not the paper priority ones added at airport check-in counters.

Ever since SQ abandoned the leather card holders, the personalized PPS tags have a nasty habit of breaking off somewhere during their inaugural flight.

I am all for cutting off paper priority tags if the bag's owner doesn't actually deserve the priority.

Comment

Working...
                              X