Tacky Fairy Lights at Changi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tacky Fairy Lights at Changi

I've just visited Changi Airport and to my horror - I saw the Control Tower adorned with twinking lights (along the "stem"). I personally think that this looks tacky! In T3, the Green Wall has been draped with yellow twinking lights too. This completely destroys the ambience of the interior and the efforts put into landscaping. CAAS - please consider removing them! It is totally counter-productive to have such a tasteful interior "accessorised" by gimmicky fairy lights! Besides - Christmas and New Year festivities should have ended by now.

It will be removed after CNY although I think it looks okay.
    We put labels on people and fight wars over them. If we truly want harmony, we have to get past the labels.

Comment

I know this is SQTalk, but shouldn't the title be "ferry?"
      HUGE AL

Comment

This is in response to Huge Al's posting.

"Fairy Lights" is the correct term, not "Ferry Lights".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christmas_lights

Comment

Originally posted by Caravelle View Post
          This is in response to Huge Al's posting.

"Fairy Lights" is the correct term, not "Ferry Lights".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christmas_lights
          Forget it...
          We put labels on people and fight wars over them. If we truly want harmony, we have to get past the labels.

Comment

Why are the fairy lights coming in for attack when the life size Disney models are going without a mention?

Comment

if they wanted to have the lights, then there should be much more on the tower sides and not as at present where it looks so pathetic with just like 2 "strings" of light bulbs only.

Comment

I agree. The Disney figures there ruin the ambience of the terminal. They just don't fit in.

Comment

the fairy lights on the tower look great, it's the Disney characters that are the problem. What exactly is their purpose? they don't have any significance in either Christmas or CNY, they're just tacky!

Comment

I do not have an issue with Disney theme decorations and promotion. Kids love Disney characters. So do some adults. If I'm not mistaken, kids can pose with the characters at certain times of the day.

It's some sort of shopping promo with Visa and other credit cards. Free Disney pillow for a minimum spend and a chance to win a trip to Tokyo Disney. My free pillow was a godsend since I had to spend the night in the lounge.

Comment

Originally posted by phaleesy View Post
                      I do not have an issue with Disney theme decorations and promotion. Kids love Disney characters. So do some adults. If I'm not mistaken, kids can pose with the characters at certain times of the day.

It's some sort of shopping promo with Visa and other credit cards. Free Disney pillow for a minimum spend and a chance to win a trip to Tokyo Disney. My free pillow was a godsend since I had to spend the night in the lounge.
                      I got two fo those pillows....
                      This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

Working...
                      X