Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Increase in PPS qualification requirement, removal of sectors on CGK flights ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Increase in PPS qualification requirement, removal of sectors on CGK flights ?

Has anyone heard any more about these rumours that they are looking to up the sectors required to qualify and were considering removing the earning of sectors on SIN-CGK vv ?.

I was going to say that I was surprised they are cheeky enough to even consider doing that after the increased F & C fares to many destinations in 2006. But then with the withdrawal of O & I classes on B77W and A380 flights, I guess anything is possible.

Me thinks SQ corporate is getting too full of themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post

You don't say........

Comment

The lack of a question mark in the thread title nearly made me faint!

Me thinks corporate is getting too comfy seeing their fat profits on a regular basis.

Comment

But then with the withdrawal of O & I classes on B77W and A380 flights...
          Now I actually have to pay to get on to those birdies with SQ?!

Maybe getting a few KF miles here and there might be worth doing after all...

Originally posted by StarG
          I join the protest!
          Last edited by KeithMEL; 4 January 2007, 04:30 PM.
          All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by globetrekker84 View Post
            The lack of a question mark in the thread title nearly made me faint!
            Good point, and added.

It was intended as a lead-in to one of the board SQ VVIP's to help us out with up to date info.....

Comment

I am not a VVIP, but I did recently received some reassurance that CGK-SIN-CGK will NOT go to zero sectors despite all the rumours, but at the same time was told that they want PPS to be more exclusive. From what I heard, it seems that they are pretty much set to increase the (re) qualification requirements for PPS Club, but the exact numbers have not been set yet.

As to why the removal of 'RAFFLES', 'MEGATOP', 'JUBILEE', etc.: SQ seems to have decided that it is better to push the one SINGAPORE AIRLINES brand rather than several different brands at the same time. And they found that despite the Raffles branding, people still refer to J as 'Business Class' anyway.

Comment

And they found that despite the Raffles branding, people still refer to J as 'Business Class' anyway.
                No, not us here at SQT! I personally like Raffles than Biz. It just sounds so common! Or am I the only one that thinks so?

Comment

Originally posted by kaysquare View Post
                  I personally like Raffles than Biz. It just sounds so common! Or am I the only one that thinks so?
                  Going by the seemingly unanimity of opinion expressed here on SQT, you aren't the only one.

Where does SQ do its market research??

Comment

MAN Flyer - that's shocking. To further increase the PPS re-qual level. If they do that, maybe SQ should also consider lowering the PPS threshold for non South East Asia members.

StarG, hope you're right in that SIN-CGK PPS sectors > 0

Comment

Originally posted by MovieMan View Post
                      Going by the seemingly unanimity of opinion expressed here on SQT, you aren't the only one.

Where does SQ do its market research??
                      Little birds tell me that it's a case of internal politiking and a battle of different philosophies over the future direction of the airline... In the end it was a case of 1 ego winning over the other.

But said little birds refused to reveal the exact answers to the above questions when I asked.

Originally posted by SQFAN
                      ...maybe SQ should also consider lowering the PPS threshold for non South East Asia members.
                      You mean like 'EuroCheat'?
                      Last edited by KeithMEL; 5 January 2007, 06:46 AM. Reason: grammar
                      All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

And they found that despite the Raffles branding, people still refer to J as 'Business Class' anyway.
                        Utter Twaddle, and they know it. People flying SQ in J said they were flying in RAFFLES Class not B******S Class.

I've heard about 5 or 6 different spins on the reason for this now, thus indicating it was an ill thought out idea. After trying as much as they can to be 'different', this moves them back towards the pack again.

As MovieMan says, where do they do their research ?. I don't know anyone who thinks this was a good idea (waits for someone to put their hand up and say 'actually....) or anyone who was asked about it.

Comment

Originally posted by SQFAN View Post
                          MAN Flyer - that's shocking. To further increase the PPS re-qual level. If they do that, maybe SQ should also consider lowering the PPS threshold for non South East Asia members.

StarG, hope you're right in that SIN-CGK PPS sectors > 0

I'm not sure but might it be a better idea to compromise and make it more 'exclusive' to raise the PPS qual level / TPPS qual level rather than
                          re-qual level...so to join the PPS requires higher level but once joined its still kept at the 25 points? hmmm

Comment

Originally posted by John3:16 View Post
                            I'm not sure but might it be a better idea to compromise and make it more 'exclusive' to raise the PPS qual level / TPPS qual level rather than
                            re-qual level...so to join the PPS requires higher level but once joined its still kept at the 25 points? hmmm
                            Obviously you have a vested interest in your idea. Your idea do not have an effect of drastically reduce the number of PPS Club members over-crowding the SIN SKL which is one of the objectives.

If the requalifying level is too high, I can say bye bye to my PPS Club membership.

Comment

Originally posted by aerosmith View Post
                              Obviously you have a vested interest in your idea. Your idea do not have an effect of drastically reduce the number of PPS Club members over-crowding the SIN SKL which is one of the objectives.

If the requalifying level is too high, I can say bye bye to my PPS Club membership.
                              I heard that the increase is only a matter of time, merely now deciding what to increase it too...I heard that LPPS may also be on the deck for increase so anyone close to it better make a run for it...

Comment

Working...
                              X