Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evening get-together in London! [JAN 24TH]

Hi everyone,

I'll be in London this Jan and am organising a get-together drinky with SQTalkers and members of the BA Board whilst I'm there. Details as follows:

Date: Saturday Jan 24th
    Time: 6.30pm till late
    Venue: Shochu Lounge (37 Charlotte St, Camden)

Confirmed:
    KeithMEL
    friendofKeithMEL x 2
    jhm
    phaleesy
    chris78cpr
    VC10 Boy
    spanishflea
    spanishflea +1
    vla
    guesswho
    continentalclub
    jjpb3
    baBob

Maybe:
    nickbot
    Swanhunter
    e1426c
    Desert Traveller
    sdorling
    krug
    powlo
    Pyeinthesky

Come celebrate my annual visit to ole London Town, the start of the new year (belatedly), the end of the work week, and whatever else worth celebrating. See y'all there!

Several of us are also going for lunch and/or afternoon tea prior. Do PM me if interested.
    Last edited by KeithMEL; 24 January 2009, 07:58 PM.
    All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Would love to make it, but I will be in CAI that weekend.

Comment

Sitting in the QF MEL FLounge now, awaiting departure for the first leg of my trip, QF25 to AKL. Just had my bubbly brekky, and now supping on even more bubbly. Alas the spa is fully booked (word of advice: book treatment upon entry to the Flounge so they can fit you in).

Look forward to catching up with y'all in London.
      All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

QF25 departed 35 minutes late. Much better than last year's trip.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiwi View Post
          QF25 departed 35 minutes late. Much better than last year's trip.
          Yes. 2 pax failed to show up and their bags had to be offloaded (and MEL isn't even that big an airport...). Another pax had "passport issues."

Comment

Its a nice day today. Why are you stuck inside somewhere?

Comment

Originally posted by Kiwi View Post
              Its a nice day today. Why are you stuck inside somewhere?
              Just came in from a heavy brekky in Ponsonby. Creamy mushrooms, ham and chorizo sausages, mmmm - I wonder why we don't have this on my side of the Tasman. Lunch in 2 hrs... Might find and sit down at a nice pub along the Viaduct in a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
                Creamy mushrooms, ham and chorizo sausages
                ... and not a green leaf in sight I see!

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
                  ... and not a green leaf in sight I see!
                  Oh I was tempted to order the Eggs Florentine too (poached eggs, hollandaise, spinach, English muffin) but that's v common back home.

Comment

London is a bit far for a drink, but it would nice to get away from this heat.

Who are these people anyway, I don't recognize any of the names, besides the thread starter.

Nice that my SQtalk account still works.

Comment

Originally posted by Bundy Bear View Post
                      London is a bit far for a drink, but it would nice to get away from this heat.

Who are these people anyway, I don't recognize any of the names, besides the thread starter.

Nice that my SQtalk account still works.
                      Some of them are from SQTalk. Now maybe if you hung around a bit more...

Others are from a BA-related board and/or FT.

Comment

Rats. I'm only in London tomorrow... ie 25th for a family re-union dinner that my sister coerced me into coming.

Am taking the train from hamburg to dusseldorf, then fly into London City Airport, then catching the Tube to Kensington High St station!

Comment

It was great to meet some of the BA Board and a couple of transplanted MELers, and of course to catch up with SQTalkers I hadn't seen in a long time. Sorry I couldn't stay very long to meet everyone. A very nice get-together indeed.

But at least the snooty staff learned to behave better as the evening progressed.
                          ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Greetings from LHR! A wonderful evening was had. Thanks to all the SQTalkers that came out, especially jhm and phaleesy for giving up the better part of their Saturday to hang out with this antipodean. All topped up by a surprise visitor who I had no clue was coming, let alone in town!

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                            But at least the snooty staff learned to behave better as the evening progressed.
                            Not really... Lovely place Shochu is, but I don't think I'd be heading back any time soon with that kind of service... They defo lost a few previously loyal customers that night.

Comment

Was totally absolutely wonderfully entertained by an unexpected Oscar-worthy performance.

This kinky mistress-keeper was knackered by the end of the evening, having to chaperone her two favourite pets around town. Next time, I must keep a tighter leash on my treasured green xigua.

Comment

Working...
                              X