Healthier choice on the menu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Healthier choice on the menu

I noticed on my SQ320 flight back to London that there was a healthier choice (grilled double cut pork chop), noted as lower in carbohydrate and calories than the main selection, in the lunch menu.

A question to those who travel on SQ more frequently than I: is this a new offering, or has this been offered for a while now? (Sorry, CGK, I haven't really looked through the menu threads. I'd otherwise be embittered by the selection on the intra-Europe flights. )

I noted that there were no such options offered on my SIN-MNL segments; that the healthier selection was exactly the same on the supper menu of SQ321 ; and that I would have preferred the healthier option on the second meal on SQ320, since the low-carbs rule is particularly important post-6 pm (or so I was taught during my New York years ).
    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

A healthier choice was offered on some of my SQ flights in August.

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
      A healthier choice was offered on some of my SQ flights in August.
      That's an encouraging trend, then. I hope it wasn't the same grilled double cut pork chop? I'd love an egg white omelette as part of the breakfast selection.
      ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Is SQ going on the healthy side now?
        "Singapore Girl, You're A Great Way To Fly"

-Singapore Airlines

Comment

Originally posted by AndrewSQ011
          Is SQ going on the healthy side now?
          Don't see why not...as long as the food tastes good, but then again, we know that oftentimes healthy food isn't always tasty.

Comment

If you are talking about dishes on the main course marked with a symbol and contained "A healthier choice - ...................", they have been on the menus for quite some time. For example on one of my AKL-SIN menu, a dish named "Polenta gnocchi with extra virgin olive oil, roasted tomato, grilled eggplant and chunky walnut-rocket pesto" is labeled as "A healthier choice - lower in cholesterol and saturated fat than our main selection"
            My Past, Present, Future Flights (Flights from March 2007 to Present to Future)

Comment

Working...
            X