BTC on SQ 319

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BTC on SQ 319

Hello, tried searching but there was no pre-existing thread on this.

Was wondering if anyone has tried BTCing the duck rice or the chicken rice for dinner on SQ319? or is it better to just stick with the standard menus for C?

Many thanks!

oh as an addendum - with the low low low exchange rate, it seems pretty cheap to buy champagne from london back to sgp. I've got a bottle of Moet and one Bollinger for about 25 quid from oddbins, which makes it about. hmm. 56 Sing dollars? haha. How many bottles can I actually carry on board? thanks

Originally posted by kelvgoh View Post
    Was wondering if anyone has tried BTCing the duck rice or the chicken rice for dinner on SQ319? or is it better to just stick with the standard menus for C?
    It's LHR - SIN. I personally will not BTC duck rice nor chicken rice. I will bring my own BTC, duck rice from Bayswater.
    Heading to Asia, I would BTC western food, or take a chance on standard menu.

Originally posted by kelvgoh View Post
    oh as an addendum - with the low low low exchange rate, it seems pretty cheap to buy champagne from london back to sgp. I've got a bottle of Moet and one Bollinger for about 25 quid from oddbins, which makes it about. hmm. 56 Sing dollars? haha. How many bottles can I actually carry on board? thanks
    Carry on board? I thought LAG restriction still applies everywhere to go through security? Purchases only at Duty Free would be allowed on board, if I am not mistaken.

Comment

Forgot one more thing. You only can have one litre to be imported to Singapore. So, if you have more than one and get caught, you have to pay duty plus penalty.
      Last edited by SQ LPP; 28 December 2008, 11:46 AM. Reason: To edit one bottle as the correct amount...

Comment

thanks SQ LPP!

Comment

Should you bring more than 1L, ask the custom officers where to pay the duty/GST and they will direct you to the office. There just declare it with your purchase receipt and pay the necessary duty. You'll get a receipt after payment and just show it to the custom officer on the way out. I did this back in 2001 so the process might have changed but its should remain a simple process.

Comment

Working...
          X