Second J Meal on SQ2 HKG-SFO ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Second J Meal on SQ2 HKG-SFO ?

Just wondered, since this flight leaves and arrives in the evening, do you get two proper meals, or is the second one a breakfast-type meal?

(I looked, but I can't find a menu on SQTALK for this segment)

Originally posted by maxmin View Post
    Just wondered, since this flight leaves and arrives in the evening, do you get two proper meals, or is the second one a breakfast-type meal?

(I looked, but I can't find a menu on SQTALK for this segment)
    Well not all SQTalkers like to post menu. That's why we don't have all the menu. And yes, it reminds me that someone out there has promised to scan some menus for me, and I haven't received them yet.

Yes, it's supper first, then mid-flight snack, and followed by before touch down meals, which is brunch-type meals. I understand that many of you will feel that with the arrival time at SFO before dinner time, SQ should serve heavier meals prior to land. But, remember that most pax will sleep in the plane, and when they get up they would rather have something lighter, and also the fact that the body clock time would be different than SFO time.

Anyway, the supper on SQ2 will let you do BTC:

Menu

Grilled chicken breast with capsicum, tomato salsa and potatoes

Grilled fillet of beef with shallot tarragon sauce, French beans, roasted pumpkin and black pepper mashed potatoes

Pan-fried sea bass with sun-dried tomato pesto, mixed vegetables, and potatoes

Stir-fried prawns and scallops with braised beans in leek and red wine vinaigrette with vegetables

Braised assorted mushrooms in bean curd skin, seasonal vegetables, and steamed rice

Braised pork ball Shanghai style with bok choy, carrots, and vegetable rice

Chirashi Sushi

Deep-fried salmon with garlic cloves, chu hau sauce, vegetables, and steamed rice

Steamed egg with scallops, mixed vegetables and rice

Stir-fried chicken and abalone with Chinese greens and steamed rice

Thai style red beef curry, selected vegetables and steamed rice
    If you want, you can try order the BTC, and when aboard in HKG, tell the crew that you want your BTC to be served prior to land in SFO. Of course, the 10 hours later might affect the quality of the meals.

Anyway, last time I was in this flight, I was perfectly happy with the light meals served prior to land.

Comment

Working...
    X