They Really Are Dragons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They Really Are Dragons

Been into the SQ J lounge in T3 now a number of times and really find Lounge Entry staff (Females) to really quiet rude and not welcoming (19/12 5pm). Even in T2 last week similar experience. I don't get it.. compared to all other SQ staff they are so not with the program.

I realize the job is repetitive and turning away pax trying to entering must be tedious but truly is a let down for the SQ Experience overall.

Agreed, entering the SIN lounges is not a pleasant experience.
    I always stop some distance away to get my passport and boarding pass neatly in hand, to avoid awkward fumbling in front of the lounge dragons.

I think the sheer volume of work and the tedium, plus PITA passengers, makes it hard for them to be genuinely friendly.
    J. my own dear wife J.

Comment

What happened, wtqn? Could you elaborate?

I'm curious, because I haven't had a stern reception from them yet (but I'm not there at 5 pm when the volume might be higher).
      ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post

I'm curious, because I haven't had a stern reception from them yet (but I'm not there at 5 pm when the volume might be higher).
        "Nothing happened" per say.. it is more an observation... as I travel a hell of lot and go to a lot of lounges.. you just notice the way staff act and approach you. I simply find them to be fairly abrupt and not very friendly. Its like you are here.. what do you want.. I am not going to smile... get inside now.

5pm it is was quiet compared to 11pm now when the place is packed.

Compare that to the staff on the plane.. the same company.. you get the picture.

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post

Ha! Ha!

I always wondered why they were called lounge dragons.

Never, ever had a problem with them.

Attributed it to name calling by a brunch of PITA passengers.

Until I tried to get into the LH lounge in FRA for the first time last year...

Were they they inspiration for the name?

To make matters worse, after the Guatanamo style looks and interoggation, it was standing room only in the lounge so we walked back to the gate.

Comment

Has the OP visited BA lounges at LHR? I suspect not.

I've never had a bad experience with SQ lounge staff at SIN or elsewhere. Whereas BA it feels like a victory just getting into lounge you are entitled to use (which reminds me I must carry my OW emerald card with me next week or I'll be denied yet again).

Comment

yeah have been to BA lounges in HR. Somehow actually managed to get into the first class lounge by their error so didn't knock that back.

In leaving SQ Silver Kris they actually said goodbye nicely... so that was a surprise.

Other SQ lounges I have been to have been fine.. again just obvs at Changi
              Last edited by whatsthequestionnow; 22 December 2008, 04:59 PM.

Comment

In ZRH I had a "strange" experience concerning lounge access. I never had a problem getting into the lounge when I was traveling alone but that time, I met a friend aboard my flight from VIE to ZRH. I told her that we could head for the lounge as I was flying Business and had a *G card and she was without status and flying Economy. She was heading to Barcelona, I was heading to Madrid.

When we walked up the ZRH SEN/SWISS Lounges ladies at the front desk, she scanned our boarding passes and my Gold Card. She told me that she can't let my friend in to which I replied "well, isn't she departing on a Star Alliance flight and don't I have the right to invite a guest to the lounge?" to which she replied "no, you don't!". I was like "I am sorry to bother you but you must be mistaken: Star Alliance policy never stood in my way to bring a guest heading to another destination to all the other lounges I've been to and could I have any higher status on intra-Euro than *G plus flying paid Business Class except HON Circle?" ... she replied "Well, okay, I will make an exception" and showed us to the normal SWISS Lounges instead of the SEN Lounges which we would have been entitled to enter. I did not want to fight with her because I only wanted my cup of coffee in the lounge and some time to talk to my friend ... but this kinda annoyed me.

I do this all the time: boosting total strangers to the VIE lounges ... why don't the folks at SWISS read their manuals?
                Home is where your heart is.

Comment

Originally posted by flo View Post
                  I met a friend aboard my flight from VIE to ZRH. I told her that we could head for the lounge as I was flying Business and had a *G card and she was without status and flying Economy.
                  So you "met" a friend on board a flight but you were sitting in different cabins. I wonder where you could have had your "meeting" ?

Comment

... actually our flight was departing from a remote gate and I was sitting right opposite from her in the bus to the plane. I was looking at her but she kinda wasn't sure if it was me ... I wasn't so sure if it was her until I saw her smile lol. After we disembarked the bus, I tipped her on her shoulder and spoke out her name when she was like "Flo?" ... yes ... I tried to relocate to Y during the flight but the pax next to her did not want to switch O.O ... so this is a glimpse of a story to which I will have to write a TR once I get back my Macbook Pro. It's again in service and has all the photos on it (of course I backed them up but I don't have another computer with the OS X HFS+ file system that can read my backup disc)

Sorry to shatter your phantasies about ... Fräulein action?
                    Home is where your heart is.

Comment

I now make sure that I carry my relevant card when accessing a lounge through status as I have been asked to show my card on so many ocassions with so many different airlines. With BA at LHR it is a must as the status on your boarding pass could be out of date. When showing my relevant card I have never had a problem.

The only time I have had a problem was trying to bring a guest into the SKL when travelling F. They were refusing access for a guest. I asked them to go and check the access rules. The lady went away and came back and said this time she would bend the rules and allow me guest. I still said not good enough I want you to acknowledge that I am allowed a guest. She finally admitted that I was allowed a guest. A couple of days later I was back in the SKL travelling LH in F even though the lounge was much fuller they were very happy to allow me two guests (Maybe because they could charge LH).

Even though I have had a few problems I would say I have never met a lounge dragon as they have always been very polite and friendly (just not always very well informed).

Comment

Working...
                      X