BKK Now Has CIP Fastrack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BKK Now Has CIP Fastrack

Just a tip to all those CIPs passing through our beloved BKK Suvarnabhumi.

There is now a CIP Fastrack to the right of regular immigration available for all First, Business and presumably superstar status (e.g. *G) travelling with non-TG flights.

TG flights retain their own dedicated check-in areas for premium pax.

This started on the 13th of December (last Saturday) and I was fortunate enough to have been able to join in the inaugural festivities.

There were two pleasant-looking ladies in front of the blocked-off CIP Fastrack area, and three dedicated counters: one First Class and two Business Class counters. The immigrations officer was also very courteous.

Frankly, it's about time and gives me one more reason to fly LX C.

That's good news, Kyo, thanks for the info.
    J. my own dear wife J.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo
      There is now a CIP Fastrack to the right of regular immigration available for all First, Business and presumably superstar status (e.g. *G) travelling with non-TG flights.
      Nothing for Superstar status for pax AFAIK. Updates anyone?

Pics of the cards

Last edited by Jubilee777; 19 December 2008, 12:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
        Just a tip to all those CIPs passing through our beloved BKK Suvarnabhumi.

TG flights retain their own dedicated check-in areas for premium pax.

This started on the 13th of December (last Saturday) and I was fortunate enough to have been able to join in the inaugural festivities.

There were two pleasant-looking ladies in front of the blocked-off CIP Fastrack area, and three dedicated counters: one First Class and two Business Class counters. The immigrations officer was also very courteous.

Frankly, it's about time and gives me one more reason to fly LX C.
        Are you talking about departure since you mention about "dedicated check-in areas for TG premium pax"?

Comment

Originally posted by Jubilee777 View Post
          Nothing for Superstar status for pax IIRC. Updates anyone?

A pic of the card

Remember the fact that many here has been complaining about how long the immigration line when arriving in Bangkok. Well, at least SQ listens to this.
          Starting December 13, SQ pax in F and J arriving in BKK will get the Fast Track card for faster clearance through dedicated immigration counters. The card would be distributed prior to land in BKK. Yes it is similiar to that pink paper given to R/P/J pax arriving at LHR.

So, kyo, you still can take SQ C and still experience the dedicated counter. Or else, you should know certain circle of friends in Bangkok who can whisk you through that counter.
          Anyway, I know this is for the arrival, but the question still remains from your original post, are you talking about the departure from BKK?

Note: Of course, we all know that the Thai government really wants to attract business people to come back to Thailand as well as the tourists who prefer flying in premium class.
          Last edited by SQ LPP; 19 December 2008, 01:30 PM.

Comment

Jubilee777: Actually I did not ask about Superstar Status pax as I was flying J that day, but since the check-in counter was the same, I thought it'd probably be given.

SQ LPP: Yes, I was referring to the check-in area. Departing premium pax of all participating airlines (I think any non-budget airline) should issue one of these to their pax. Pictures of the Fast Track (sorry about thread title, I like writing 'Fastrack' ) pass are as follows (for departure):

Front - (for SQ, I'm sure they will stamp SQ instead of LX on the pass)

Back

As can be seen, King Power BKK would love to see people spending 5,000THB in the terminal before leaving the country (with a 1,000THB bonus tear-away coupon for those who do).
            As for the Arrivals area, I did not notice as I came in on the 12th of Dec (CIP Fast Track had not yet commenced). Will have to check it out in January and report back but am sure someone else will get there before me

So, kyo, you still can take SQ C and still experience the dedicated counter. Or else, you should know certain circle of friends in Bangkok who can whisk you through that counter.
            It's a pity my travel budget can't seem to really justify periods of SQ C, but just the other day I did spring for it and try SIN-SGN-SIN and it was quite nice indeed. Pity there is no F serving the Vietnam route. I'm glad to say there is now $1200 PPS Value in my KF account. No LPP for me! I wish LX will show me love and create LPP.

Circles of friends in BKK... well, generally I have not had to queue (much) at all in all my experience so far. Probably as front cabin disembarks first (usually at D6), right in front of the immigration.
            Last edited by Kyo; 19 December 2008, 04:41 PM.

Comment

Good news! I hate BKK immigration queues (e.g. about 45 mins once IIRC) from the few times I've been there.

Comment

Does anyone know if Asiana uses this service in BKK?

...and Happy New Year!!!

Comment

Just a quick update that ANA does not indeed distribute out the CIP Fasttrack voucher to their Club Ana (J) pax upon arrival in BKK. At least, not on a 6+ hour flight anyway. Just got off a 2-class flight today, so unable to confirm about F pax.

And the arrival lines for immigration in BKK seem to have swollen tremendously for Y pax.

Pity really, because everything else about ANA was quite lovely.

Also of interest is there seems to be no expiry date written on the SQ vouchers.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                    Jubilee777: Actually I did not ask about Superstar Status pax as I was flying J that day, but since the check-in counter was the same, I thought it'd probably be given.

SQ LPP: Yes, I was referring to the check-in area. Departing premium pax of all participating airlines (I think any non-budget airline) should issue one of these to their pax. Pictures of the Fast Track (sorry about thread title, I like writing 'Fastrack' ) pass are as follows (for departure):

Front - (for SQ, I'm sure they will stamp SQ instead of LX on the pass)

Back

As can be seen, King Power BKK would love to see people spending 5,000THB in the terminal before leaving the country (with a 1,000THB bonus tear-away coupon for those who do).
                    As for the Arrivals area, I did not notice as I came in on the 12th of Dec (CIP Fast Track had not yet commenced). Will have to check it out in January and report back but am sure someone else will get there before me

It's a pity my travel budget can't seem to really justify periods of SQ C, but just the other day I did spring for it and try SIN-SGN-SIN and it was quite nice indeed. Pity there is no F serving the Vietnam route. I'm glad to say there is now $1200 PPS Value in my KF account. No LPP for me! I wish LX will show me love and create LPP.

Circles of friends in BKK... well, generally I have not had to queue (much) at all in all my experience so far. Probably as front cabin disembarks first (usually at D6), right in front of the immigration.

I still think ABTC is the best. It gives access to specially dedicated diplomatic / APEC lanes in all the APEC countries airports. These lanes are never more than 5 people.

Comment

I was very surprised when the SQ flight attendant handed the pass to me. A really nice enhancement since the C/I lines can be quite lengthy. Not knowing these existed I asked her about saving them and using them in the future..I was connecting to a Thai domestic flight and didn't need the pass...she said yes and came back with 6 more. btw, the cash discount is gone and says Thailand Elite with a buddha clasping his hands. Anybody know if you have to fill in the name/flight no. date? Could these be used when your flight does not provide them?...like the ANA 2 class listed above.

Comment

Originally posted by yvrguy View Post
                        she said yes and came back with 6 more.
                        Gosh! I could use that!!

Anybody know if you have to fill in the name/flight no. date?
                        Nope! Not necessary..

Could these be used when your flight does not provide them?...like the ANA 2 class listed above.
                        Yes! Wonder if LX will be so generous!

Comment

[QUOTE=Kyo;82929]Gosh! I could use that!!

Let me know if you want a few extra ones...I would be happy to send them to you.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
                            Starting December 13, SQ pax in F and J arriving in BKK will get the Fast Track card for faster clearance through dedicated immigration counters. The card would be distributed prior to land in BKK.
                            I flew into BKK in F yesterday and did not receive a Fast Track card.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                              I flew into BKK in F yesterday and did not receive a Fast Track card.
                              I flew into BKK on SQ 980 in C on Feb. 5th and got one along w/ the rest of the cabin.

I hope this isn't a cost cutting initiative, but a one time fluke in your case.

Comment

Working...
                              X