X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sheraton Stockholm

Sheraton Stockholm
    Tegelbacken 6

Rather centrally located, this property is in between the Old Town (Gamla Stan) and the high end shopping districts and trendy nightclubs to the north of the hotel. It was quite possible to walk to most attractions due to the v central location. The Central Terminus, the transportation hub of the city containing the city terminal of the Arlanda Express, the subway system, and the coach station is simply around the block from the hotel - thus rendering the property truly in the middle of "everything."

I was upgraded to a rather large Junior Suite, which isn't really a suite per se but a massive room with living and dining areas. The decor is v contemporary and sleek in a rather clean line Scandinavian sort of way. Comfy king bed, though rather oddly I had 2 single bed sized duvets rather 1 king bed sized ones. The bathroom was quite cramped in contrast with combined bath/shower. In addition to the "Shine by Bliss" soaps I had Molton Brown bath amenities.

Free internet was provided both in the lobby and in the club lounge. You can either connect your own laptop to the wired internet or use the many mac terminals - for the latter usage is capped at 1 hour per guest at peak times.

I could either have breakfast in the lounge or at the inhouse resto. Breakfast in the lounge is rather limited and uninteresting though there's hot food. My room rate also included free brekky at the downstairs restaurant, though I wasn't aware of this until the 2nd day - pays to check my rate plan more carefully in future. The buffet style restaurant breakfast had a wide range of options which modify slightly every morning including typical Swedish items such as pickled herring, and other familiar comforts like eggs (done any way), sausages etc.

Part of the club lounge

Service here was rather efficient and staff members were efficient and courteous. There's no dedicated concierge desk apart from a table with tourist brochures but both the front desk and executive lounge staff were able to provide concierge services such as restaurant recommendations, bookings, and bars and nightlife recommendations rather competently.

I was v happy with the great location, comfortable room and the high standard of service rendered, and overall would not hesitate to recommend this property to anyone visiting Stockholm.
    Last edited by KeithMEL; 17 December 2008, 04:07 PM.
    All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
    Comfy king bed, though rather oddly I had 2 single bed sized duvets rather 1 king bed sized ones.
    I had the same at Intercontinental Düsseldorf two weeks ago, strange isn't it...

Thanks for the review, I might try this hotel next time when I need to start some redemptions from Stockholm

Comment

Originally posted by kchika View Post
      I had the same at Intercontinental Düsseldorf two weeks ago, strange isn't it...
      Some comments on my TR over at AFF have given a few ideas as to why they have the double duvet thing:
      http://www.frequentflyer.com.au/comm...tml#post209790

http://www.frequentflyer.com.au/comm...tml#post209804
      All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

I don't buy the argument that it's better for you (i.e. one duvet each) since with one big duvet, both of you can just as easily use as much or as little as that person wants.

Just like the presence of a bidet, I think it's a cultural/local thing ? I've come across two single duvets in some other countries before but I'd be surprised to find it in a hotel in the UK (say).

Similar also to the variation you get in different countries when staying in business or luxury hotels whether you get slippers and a dental kit (toothbrush and paste), e.g. in Asia, you alway seem to get both whilst in Europe you sometimes get slippers but almost always no dental kit. And the hair tonic (!) which I've found in hotel bathrooms in Japan but nowhere else.

Comment

Was there occasion to need one big duvet?
          ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
            Was there occasion to need one big duvet?
            I am sure there was! But I thought no need a duvet at all...

Comment

You need a big duvet to rest after the group exercise...

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
                You need a big duvet to rest after the group exercise...
                Hmm different person different style. One small duvet would be cozier and more romantic, I must say!

Comment

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
                  One small duvet would be cozier and more romantic, I must say!
                  One would be rather small for a dozen arms and legs...

Comment

One would be rather small for a dozen arms and legs...
                    You haven't tried it yet? It was working for me!

Comment

fantastic hotel this one - i've stayed there march this year and i must admit i really love the location of the hotel. highly recommended.

Comment

Originally posted by leo View Post
                        fantastic hotel this one - i've stayed there march this year and i must admit i really love the location of the hotel. highly recommended.

I've stayed at Sheraton Stockholm about 6 times in the past 3 years.
                        Good location (short walk from train station).
                        Been upgraded only once (although I am SPG Gold).
                        Good service.
                        Only complain is the food for breakfast has not changed in 3 years.

Comment

Been there once and apparently on the same night as KeithMel! Its a great hotel with a great location.
                          Was "upgraded" to a corner room with a view, I did not have any status with SPG.

Comment

Just checked-in earlier and upgraded to the same junior suite as KeithMEL.

The club lounge is closed until 9 Jan so was given two vouchers, each for a small canape plate and a few drinks in the lobby bar. Brekkies in the downstairs restaurant.

Stayed in the Hilton last night which had a more Scandinavian feel to it IMO, e.g. room key cards made of birch wood; a dustbin with small red and green containers inside (presumably for sorting out items for recycling); pens with wooden stems; etc. As a Hilton gold, upgraded to an executive room with a bottle of Aussie Jacob's Creek Shiraz, a few bottles of water and a pack of Swedish marshmallows as freebies; plus breakfast.

Comment

As a Hilton gold, upgraded to an executive room with a bottle of Aussie Jacob's Creek Shiraz, a few bottles of water and a pack of Swedish marshmallows as freebies; plus breakfast.
                              Sincere condolences....

Comment

Working...
                              X