How To Top-Up Singapore SIM Card?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How To Top-Up Singapore SIM Card?

Since I have not been traveling, I need to top-up my Starhub and SingTel prepaid cell phone service. How to do it from outside Singapore?

For Starhub, I have GREEN Prepaid Top-up Card. The direction in the back of the card (where the Top-up Card No. and PIN should be scratched) says to dial Starhub Prepaid Mobile Service Hotline 9850 0000 on my mobile phone. But it doesn't work unless I am in Singapore.

Appreciate your help greatly. (I just don't want to get another new number next year...)

Cheers,

What u can do is provide a friend in Singapore with your prepaid MSISDN (mobile number) and ask him to go to a DBS ATM machine and top up $10 for you.

Comment

Thank you! A friend will help me topping up the card through ATM. But how much minimum to get at least 6 months validity?

Comment

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
        Thank you! A friend will help me topping up the card through ATM. But how much minimum to get at least 6 months validity?
        Oh just top up the minimum denomination $10...and that will give you 6 months validity.

It is not like elsewhere, where there is 1 month validity for low value top ups. Reason is Singapore does not operate on Caller Party Pay regime (in these countries, some people only receive incoming calls without paying a cent - although the operator earns interconnect charge), hence operators do not want the prepaid number to be valid for too long for low value top-ups.

Comment

Thanks to two friends in Singapore who made their way to top-up my card.
          Starhub zeroed out my balance completely by missing the date line for top-up.
          SingTel kept the old balance still.

Once again, thank you! So my SIN cell numbers are active again, and no need to have new numbers in 2009.

Comment

Is there like a 3rd party merchant where I can top-up using my foreign credit card? StarHub does have online top-up but can only be used by Singapore credit cardholders. Also, if I purchased the card on 10 October and didn't top-up ever since, will it still be active on say 15 April?

Comment

Where can I top-up at the airport? Can I use my foreign ATM card at a DBS cash machine?

Comment

Working...
              X