[SIN] Cutbacks at T2 SKL F

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [SIN] Cutbacks at T2 SKL F

Despite flight leaving from T3 as usual I wondered across to sit at the bar in T2 SKL F and have a couple of glasses with the best barman they've got left. There was nobody there!!. The sign on the bar says service now ends at 2100.

They have cleared and area just after the staff door in the food section and put all the optics up there and there is a sign saying ask for wine and champagne.

They have also removed the bank of PC's on the right hand side of the 'Business Centre' as well. Just the four on the left now.

Oh well.

Thank you for the updates, Sir!

I just wonder about how many flight now departs from T2 after 10pm.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
      Thank you for the updates, Sir!

I just wonder about how many flight now departs from T2 after 10pm.
      You are welcome.

There are not many flights at all now, a cursory glance at the departure board will tell you exactly how many if you're interested.

It does make you wonder why it has took them so long to do this, especially as it a cost-cutter. They have been a bit slow on this one!.

Still, I managed to do my good deed for the day so all not lost.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
        YThere are not many flights at all now, a cursory glance at the departure board will tell you exactly how many if you're interested.
        Sure, why not!
        Say hi to all the ladies there!

Comment

I was in there earlier - didn't stay long to notice the changes.
          I did however get an answer I have been curious about: a First Class boarding pass allows one pax + one guest access (as we know, as per Star Alliance rule). The thing is, with TPP/QPP/LPP/*G status, the guest access does not increase to + two guests.
          Just thought I'd report back on this board.

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
            I was in there earlier - didn't stay long to notice the changes.
            I did however get an answer I have been curious about: a First Class boarding pass allows one pax + one guest access (as we know, as per Star Alliance rule). The thing is, with TPP/QPP/LPP/*G status, the guest access does not increase to + two guests.
            Just thought I'd report back on this board.
            Thank you for the report back.
            But again, I am confused though. What I have understood and experienced all along for few years is that - having a FC BP (regardless of your status), only one guest allowed; and the status doesn't add the total number of guest. So nothing has changed.

Comment

Yes, perhaps nothing has changed.
              It is just that I have never seen or heard a clear rule about that one anywhere (nor have I ever needed guest 2 persons into the F lounge - also not the case today). So I thought I'd ask for the sake of clarity.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
                What I have understood and experienced all along for few years is that - having a FC BP (regardless of your status), only one guest allowed; and the status doesn't add the total number of guest. So nothing has changed.
                I'm only a grasshopper compared to FFP legends such as SQ LPP but my understanding is the same. I've never heard of PPS/*A status affecting the number of guests (i.e. one) allowed into any SKL F.

Comment

Yep, it was my bad then to have thought that there may be a difference (in # of guests allowed) between regular F pax and status F pax.

Comment

Yep, it was my bad then to have thought that there may be a difference (in # of guests allowed) between regular F pax and status F pax.
                    Perhaps you've been flying too much a certain other Asian airline where (AFAIK) diamond status allows two guests ?

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
                      Perhaps you've been flying too much a certain other Asian airline where (AFAIK) diamond status allows two guests ?

That's a very good one!

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
                        I haven't been flying them much lately but will perhaps fly them in January. The new products keep avoiding me!

Comment

Ah I noticed these changes back in October but didn't mention them thinking they were not new (been so long since I'd flown SQ ). While I was in T2 F SKL there were also several times in the evening when the bar was unmanned with a sign saying back later. I ended up getting 2 glasses at a time to compensate

Comment

Used the Hotel SKL (T2) the on Sunday night and it was a ghost town. There weren't more than a handful of people in there around midnight.

Comment

Originally posted by kluau88 View Post
                              Used the Hotel SKL (T2) the on Sunday night and it was a ghost town. There weren't more than a handful of people in there around midnight.
                              I am here now at around mid-day and there are only 3 of us in the computer room plus 12 outside in the lounge area on F side.

Very quiet and very "Exclusive"

Comment

Working...
                              X