SQ1 extra stop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQ1 extra stop

Sq001 from SFO to Hong Kong had to make an extra stop in Taipei for refueling due to strong cross winds at 350. Interesting does that mean that the planes behind SQ like CX will have to stop in Taipei to0?

Originally posted by singaporeairlinesboi
    Sq001 from SFO to Hong Kong had to make an extra stop in Taipei for refueling due to strong cross winds at 350. Interesting does that mean that the planes behind SQ like CX will have to stop in Taipei to0?
    Not if they took it into account when they took off from SFO. I've had a flight go through the the middle of the Bering Strait, around North Korea, down through Mongolia and some 700nm west of PEK to get into HKG.

Comment

If SQ had to stop, chances are CX would also. That would also depend on their load for the day. If it was not carrying much pax and cargo, probably could have made it.
      I remember there was one day last year that all 3 CX's daily LAX-HKG flights had to stop over either TPE or ICN. Headwinds that day were quite bad.

Comment

Take a look at the replies on A.net from PhilSquares. He's a SQ744 pilot and gives a deeper insight that I ever can on the tech side of the additional stop

http://www.airliners.net/discussions....main/3170088/
        Last edited by 9V-JKL; 3 January 2007, 11:33 PM. Reason: he made more post.....

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
          If SQ had to stop, chances are CX would also. That would also depend on their load for the day. If it was not carrying much pax and cargo, probably could have made it.
          I remember there was one day last year that all 3 CX's daily LAX-HKG flights had to stop over either TPE or ICN. Headwinds that day were quite bad.
          Yup. Was on a CX flight LAX-HKG and it diverted to ICN.
          AFAIK it is very common during certain times of year.

Comment

From the same link on top....post #60, 62 on cabin crew placement:

"I was one of the cabin crew that was activated to take over SQ1 on 29thDEC in TPE.We were notified the night earlier at approximately 11pm that SQ1 would be diverted to TPE.Oddly our wakeup call at the hotel was 7am...which means pickup at 8 and the flight was scheduled to leave at 9am as soon as we arrived at the aircraft.I was wondering how come our pickup wasnt earlier as the flight would have landed in TPE at 6am and we should have been at the airport at that time.However at 730am we were informed that SQ1 had departed at 7am and we were not longer required to operate the flight to TPE."

"In winter the cabin crew operating SQ27 LAX/TPE have a 3 day layover in TPE of which 1 day is standby.However as SQ27 is operated by a 777 which has only 11 cabin crew members should SQ1 be diverted to TPE there are insufficient crew to operate the flight.So SQ872 departing SIN at 8am operates a 777-300 which has 15 cabin crew members.6 of us do the 3day pattern which means we have an extra day in TPE which is our standby day the other 9 crew members fly back the next day flight with a new joining set of 6cabin crew.Should we be activated to operate SQ1 we would passenger back from HKG the same day on CX usually.And then on the 3rd day..we would join a new set of cabin crew.

Comment

I still don't understand how this crew resources deployment work out...!

At one time, I always heard that for the crew of SQ2 (744) from SIN=>HKG, they will stay 1 day in HK & on board the next day flight SQ857 from HKG=>SIN.

For the crew of SQ868 (772) from SIN=>HKG, they will stay 1 day in HK & on board the next day flight SQ2 from HKG=>SFO.

On the way back from SFO=>HKG, the crew will stay in HK for 3 days, just like they stay in SFO, in order to adjust the jet-lag I guess, then they will be on board SQ1 back from HKG=>SIN.

I knew before the SQ6 Taipei crash, SQ still used to fly 744 from SIN=>TPE=>LAX so TPE should had enough 744 crew members for any as hoc SQ1 head wind stopover interchange. Nowadays SQ had change its flight number & even the aircraft type for this SIN=>TPE=>LAX route.

Can someone explain it to me how the SQ crew mananagement mobilze thier crew resouces in any long haul routes? Is it ture that both cockpit crew & cabin crew are aonly allow maximum of 6 hours of duty? 2 sets of crew will be require during a 12 hours flight. What haappen to a 13 hours 744 flight? 7 what happen to a 15 hours 345 flight SIN<=>LAX & a 18 hours 345 flight SIN<=>EWR? Does that mean 3 sets of cockpit crew & cabin crew are require?

Comment

Originally posted by SQTalker View Post
                I still don't understand how this crew resources deployment work out...!

At one time, I always heard that for the crew of SQ2 (744) from SIN=>HKG, they will stay 1 day in HK & on board the next day flight SQ857 from HKG=>SIN.

For the crew of SQ868 (772) from SIN=>HKG, they will stay 1 day in HK & on board the next day flight SQ2 from HKG=>SFO.

On the way back from SFO=>HKG, the crew will stay in HK for 3 days, just like they stay in SFO, in order to adjust the jet-lag I guess, then they will be on board SQ1 back from HKG=>SIN.
                Cabin crew does: SQ2 SIN-HKG, 1 night stop, SQ2 HKG-SFO, 2 nights stop, SQ1 SFO-HKG, 2 nights stop, SQ1 HKG-SIN.

Comment

Working...
                X