• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My After-Christmas Gift From Lufthansa

Well, if you guys interested to know, read this:

http://flyertalk.com/forum/showpost....05&postcount=6

What do you think?

That is quite unfair and a total disregard for its premium passengers. So there was only one person checking in F at that time? I find it silly that the super would just stand there and do nothing about it. The least she could have done was to offer you the next available spot, even if it means that you check into the Y or C area.

Comment

Well, it may a bad apple from all the good things on LH F happened to me. But , I was really glad that the LH staff at the FCL as well as ticket counter in FRA, also the crew on board LH455 and LH 4728, were very apologetic about what had happened, and told me to write.

Note: It was a very nice to be able to relax at FCL in FRA prior to my SQ325 flight, due to my arrival on LH F. When will SQ use LH FCL for their F pax in FRA?

Comment

As per what you have hinted, it could be some racism involved as well.....LH should really fix this issue up.

Comment

Originally posted by UMD
          As per what you have hinted, it could be some racism involved as well.....LH should really fix this issue up.
          How does race have anything to do with it?

Comment

I may be wrong but I just thought that (or rather discrimination) would explain why the supervisor rather spent her time talking to and taking care the other UA premium passenger than CGK.

Believe it or not, racism is still pretty much alive not just against Asians and Africans but against Caucasians as well in some Asian countries.... I would prefer to live without 1 but I guess this is life. I apologize if this is getting too serious.

Comment

Originally posted by globetrekker84 View Post
              Sir, you grew up differently than this old man. I try to avoid any race issues unless I am really strongly about it like in incidents on my TG or CX flights a while back. For this LH incident, I put aside the "race" issue because waiting 30 minutes to check-in is already a very strong reason to report to LH.
              Again, it seems the regular LH flyers in the other board seem to have opinion that SFO station is one of the worst.

Comment

Originally posted by UMD View Post
                I may be wrong but I just thought that (or rather discrimination) would explain why the supervisor rather spent her time talking to and taking care the other UA premium passenger than CGK.
                Your are not wrong. I chatted with a fellow SQTalkers, and giving him the race of each person in that airport scene. But there is not enough reason for me to bring it up. And yeah, may be "I don't have an image of the real F pax." (Gosh, I miss that thread in the other board!)

Comment

Sorry to hear about your LH SFO check in experience, CGK. It seems like the LH supervisor in SFO was not behaving professionally. Hopefully LH will do something about it.

Well, at least you enjoyed the flight itself!

OT: Is the pyjamas on LH F still the Van Laack one?

Comment

Well I would say I flown LH many times that they really don't value any 1st or business class passengers, especially the check-in services, I would rated them the worst among all the other Star Alliances carriers.

I remembered one time I was flown with some V.I.P. customers that I need to take care of (We all Asians of coursebut not Germans), we were booked on a seat together seats on a business class flight, but after we check-in, we found out we were seperate by 4 rows & even an isle across apart, the check-in agent told us some LH V.I.P.s had done the last minute check-in & they do have priority overwrite us. The funniest part came, after we on board the plane, the business class section wasn't full at all, so our group managed to seat together again by asking the LH flight supervisor consent...!

Comment

Originally posted by globetrekker84 View Post
                      It could be a race issue....I was treated very nicely by LH staff in EWR recently...but that was just LH at it's normal best! (sarcasm intended)

Could be similar to a situation like my last leg to BOM from FRA (could they have been crew, CGK?), there were a whole bunch of people waiting as "standby", and since Y appeared to be full, (I had my J class seat with my SWU - LH ignores UA*G, I think) I waited to see what was going on...turns out they were all crew/non-revs, and **all** of them get J class BP's! (They should really have to be tortured in LH Y, *especially* if they are LH FA's!)

Then they parade around on board like they own the place - it's truly amazing! One guy I had talked to while investigating the situation in front of the gate counter had even taken my emergency exit aisle seat, thinking that he had the run of the plane...

Comment

Update

Here is what I wrote in FlyerTalk, as an update of my written comment.

Here is what I got from an E-card LH-USA:

Dear Mr. CGK, Reference No.: 2030xxxx

Thank you for taking the time to get in touch with us, though we regret that it is not under more favorable circumstances. We understand your concern and take all customer comments very seriously. Your feedback helps us in our ongoing efforts to better meet our customers’ needs.

I truly regret of the lengthy check-in time you experienced. Please be assured that a copy of your correspondence was forwarded to our San Francisco station management in order to prevent recurrence.

Additionally, you had to check in your carry on. We do try to be flexible; however, carry on bags are limited to 8 kilos and size restrictions. This policy was instituted to ensure the comfort and safety of our passengers. Luggage exceeding these specifications are then accepted for checked luggage. It is ultimately left up to the discretion of the flight crew/ground staff to further restrict acceptance of hand luggage based upon storage availability, booking figures and airport of departure.

Your continued satisfaction with our service and product is very important to Lufthansa. In appreciation, I am forwarding a small gift for your enjoyment.

Again, thank you for making us aware of your experience. We hope that you will consider Lufthansa when making future travel plans.

Sincerely,
                        Gabriella Monteleone
                        Customer Relations
                        North America

I haven't received the small gift yet. But I am not satisfied with the answer regarding the carry-on. The answer above is very generic. And she should read my letter carefully, which I stated that the whole upper deck F cabin was only occupied by 2 pax, after the gate closed. Thus, the ground crew knew exactly how empty was the load for F.

Comment

Originally posted by CGK View Post
                          I haven't received the small gift yet. But I am not satisfied with the answer regarding the carry-on. The answer above is very generic. And she should read my letter carefully, which I stated that the whole upper deck F cabin was only occupied by 2 pax, after the gate closed. Thus, the ground crew knew exactly how empty was the load for F.
                          Quite correct, CGK!

And after that reply, one *knows* that LH doesn't care about you! (or anyone!)

(stick with SQ.. )

Comment

A small gift arrived

Just now, I received a card, handwritten as:

Dear Mr. CGK,
                            Your continued loyalty is
                            truly appreciated.
                            Sincerely,
                            Gxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

Also a piece of paper:

Voucher
                            Value 50 Euro

This voucher can be exchanged for items sold on Lufthansa flights.
                            It has no cash redemption value and no credit can be given for unused amounts.

Comment

Wow! 50 Euro - I am dissapointed that that's all you have got from them. I would expect at least a nice gift made of leather or maybe 2 bottles of DOM or KRUGS.

Comment

Working...
                              X