Best Singapore Sling in Singapore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Singapore Sling in Singapore

As I find myself with afew extra days in SIN coming up and appreciate a good Singapore Sling, I would appreciate

your thoughts on which local/venue do you think has the best Singapore Sling?

IMHO, I really like the Sling at the Long Bar which is located inside Raffles Hotel.

Comment

Originally posted by zander View Post
      IMHO, I really like the Sling at the Long Bar which is located inside Raffles Hotel.
      Yes, me to!

Comment

YMMV but I think the Singapore Sling at the Long Bar is touristy and over-priced (not surprising given the location). It's also ready made (coming out of a can) rather than being made to order.

Comment

How about the Singapore Slings on SQ?

I've always seen it on the menu but never ventured for it...
          matt_will_fix_it

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
            YMMV but I think the Singapore Sling at the Long Bar is touristy and over-priced (not surprising given the location). It's also ready made (coming out of a can) rather than being made to order.
            I totally agree!. I like going to Raffles for a drink, despite having been there untold times, but even though I do have a Sling or two they are taking the p*ss somewhat these days.

I actually prefer the Courtyard Bar to the Long Bar, but they have pre-mixed slings there as well.

Comment

Originally posted by matt_will_fix_it View Post
              How about the Singapore Slings on SQ?

I've always seen it on the menu but never ventured for it...
              Have tried it once but found it exceedingly sweet.
              All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

I probably shouldn't admit this on this board but I have never had a Singapore Sling

Comment

Originally posted by Lobster View Post
                  I probably shouldn't admit this on this board but I have never had a Singapore Sling
                  Then I should probably admit that I've never had much of a taste for it myself. I guess on this board that'd be regarded as a calamity worse than climate change.
                  All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

I would not be surprised if a large proportion of Singaporeans (if not a majority) have not actually tried a Singapore Sling...!

Comment

Had my first one on my first flight on SQ roughly 7 years ago, and since then it's been my favorite "tropical cocktail".

Comment

I would not be surprised if a large proportion of Singaporeans (if not a majority) have not actually tried a Singapore Sling...!
                        Haha I belonged to that majority until a few years ago when I had the first sip...on a Malaysian Star Cruises ship!

I tried to redeem myself by making a request for it on an SQ flight soon after, but like someone said, it tasted almost like fruit juice...
                        Help make this article a better one!

Comment

I have tried...but my preferred drink is Chivas, soda with ice....
                          This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

Actually, the Sling on SQ tastes very strong in comparison to the real deal at the Raffles Long Bar. The real one is ... humm ... very refreshing and you cannot tell if there is actually alcohol in it or not. Anyway, it's one of my fave cocktails.
                            Home is where your heart is.

Comment

Originally posted by florianwagner View Post
                              Actually, the Sling on SQ tastes very strong in comparison to the real deal at the Raffles Long Bar. The real one is ... humm ... very refreshing and you cannot tell if there is actually alcohol in it or not. Anyway, it's one of my fave cocktails.

This is the reason why we can commit ourselves to drinking 99,999 glasses of Slings...

Comment

Working...
                              X