The end of an era

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The end of an era

The last scheduled SQ 747 pax aircraft has departed Changi as SQ346 bound for MAN (via ZRH of course). Other than an equip-swap in the future, I can't see another double decker SQ pax bird ever coming to MAN.

What's even more annoying is I've had to cancel my hop on the last SQ345 to ZRH in F tomorrow as well. However, another SQTalker is doing the last ZRH-MAN-ZRH turnaround, so that's a small consolation.

Who ever thought this day would come - the days where SQ would greatly reduce its 747 fleet.

Times sure are a-changin'.

Comment

Originally posted by globetrekker84 View Post
      Who ever thought this day would come - the days where SQ would greatly reduce its 747 fleet.
      It's not likely, but there is still a chance SQ might order some B747-8I SuperJumbos. With their new seats, it would be even more luxurious in F and C class (due to wider aisles) than the WhaleJet. Sadly, Y class would have narrower seats than on the WhaleJet. Using the new seats, I can fit 13F on the upper deck, 50C between the nose and door 2, and 344Y. 1-1 F on the upper deck would very nice, as would 1-2-1 C on the B747 maindeck. On the WhaleJet, F is 1-2-1 on the maindeck and C is 1-2-1 on the upperdeck.

Comment

Originally posted by zvezda
        It's not likely, but there is still a chance SQ might order some B747-8I SuperJumbos. With their new seats, it would be even more luxurious in F and C class (due to wider aisles) than the WhaleJet. Sadly, Y class would have narrower seats than on the WhaleJet. Using the new seats, I can fit 13F on the upper deck, 50C between the nose and door 2, and 344Y. 1-1 F on the upper deck would very nice, as would 1-2-1 C on the B747 maindeck. On the WhaleJet, F is 1-2-1 on the maindeck and C is 1-2-1 on the upperdeck.
        Very true if you want to start speculating but I'm just looking on the current orders.

Comment

I will miss that turnaround. Was always fun

Comment

Last 747 scheduled flight, what is going to happen to the remaining 747s?

Comment

Originally posted by sq_a380 View Post
              Last 747 scheduled flight, what is going to happen to the remaining 747s?

It was the last 747 scheduled flight to MAN, not the last scheduled 747 flight. Although they'll be all phased out, but for now, they've still got some flying to do yet

Comment

out with the old in with the new

Comment

Originally posted by singaporeairlinesboi View Post
                  out with the old in with the new
                  That's me gone then

Comment

I prefer "what was old is new again". For me anyway, 40 is the new 30!

Comment

Originally posted by Peter11 View Post
                      I prefer "what was old is new again". For me anyway, 40 is the new 30!
                      Really? I do agree with you. 50 is the new 40.

Here is a glass of Dom for you!

Comment

Too bad no PPS sectors are earned MXP-BCN.

Comment

Originally posted by zvezda View Post
                          Too bad no PPS sectors are earned MXP-BCN.
                          No traffic rights, correct?

Comment

Originally posted by CGK View Post
                            No traffic rights, correct?
                            Regardless, it's only 448 miles. So no PPS sectors anyhow.

Comment

Originally posted by MadameConcorde
                              I prefer the B747-400 skysuites to the ones on the new B777-300ER planes.
                              Have you tried the new F?

Comment

Working...
                              X